Rear Brakes Killing Me....

M3Busa

Registered
So after the Vortex rear sets i had to purchase another hydraulic pressure sending unit for the rear brakes because the thread pitch was incorrect on the one they sent. So, i just got the new one and its installed, BUT, i cannot bleed the master cylinder, i have went through about 10 gallons of fluid (not really). However, i dont have any type of pressure bleeder?

Please dont tell me a simple $25 job is about to turn into a $100 bleeder machine doohiockey. There has got to be a manual way?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Find a clear tube that fits on the bleed valve.Deep the oposite end of the tube into a clear bottle containing brake fluid.Leave the bleed valve open and start pressing the pedal repeatedly .You must see liquid transfering from mastercylinder to the bottle.When you'll see fluid free of bubles coming out of the tube into the bottle...then you can tighten the valve no matter where the pedal is.Remember to keep the container of the master cylinder always filled.If that procedure is ineffective then your master cylinder is damaged:beerchug:

You bleed it the same way you would any other MC. Pump pump pump....hold..crack bleeder, repeat until no air escapes bleed nipple.

Find a clear tube that fits on the bleed valve.Deep the oposite end of the tube into a clear bottle containing brake fluid.Leave the bleed valve open and start pressing the pedal repeatedly .You must see liquid transfering from mastercylinder to the bottle.When you'll see fluid free of bubles coming out of the tube into the bottle...then you can tighten the valve no matter where the pedal is.Remember to keep the container of the master cylinder always filled.If that procedure is ineffective then your master cylinder is damaged:beerchug:

this worked perfect for me. i was fighting this thing for the third time, happened to see this thread. no i got rear brakes again.

i dont see how some people go without the rear. i was finding myself stopping way long. didnt know how much i used it till it was gone. :lol:

I've found with brakes the easiest way is to tie the brake in the on position.
(zip tie the front brake to the bar etc.) this allows the bubbles to collect and go to the master cylinder. leave it 24-36 hours and presto.

I use speed bleeders they work great gets the air out easy dont have to mess with opening and closing. just open the bleeder and pump the lever air come right out if it on the rear get 2 bleeders 1 for the inside and 1 for the outside

Back