Rear Brake Resoviur

Nec ozzi

Registered
Ever wonder where it is?Its nearly impossible to access it without lifting or removing the tail section.It's easy to remove.I changed to dot 5 in my clutch and front and rear brakes.Flushed out first with denatured alcohol. I also changed the clutch to kevlar with heavy duty springs and I got a slave cylinder support bracket.But all this time I thought the front brake Reservoir took care of the rear brakes too.

20171230_060728.jpg

Last edited:
I used to run a HRC clear tube with special valve on most of my old GSXR's , but the little reservoir you lads have changed over to is much neater and trick . The stock Busa set up is poo , still haven't got around to changing it , even though I seem to have the rear tail piece off more than I like . Last time , I had smashed rear tail light getting bike off stand and raming into window sill :confused: . One of the hazards of indoor storage I guess !

I used to run a HRC clear tube with special valve on most of my old GSXR's , but the little reservoir you lads have changed over to is much neater and trick . The stock Busa set up is poo , still haven't got around to changing it , even though I seem to have the rear tail piece off more than I like . Last time , I had smashed rear tail light getting bike off stand and raming into window sill :confused: . One of the hazards of indoor storage I guess !
Hi all. I bought the McIntosh rear brake resevoir, but it was to heavy I went back to the stock plastic one.

That was a make money for the dealer service departments design! Really stupid. Many people change to an aftermarket reservoir. Don't remember where this came from, sorry.

The rear brake reservoir is a pain to get at alright. Your changed version looks nifty, I like that a lot!

That was a make money for the dealer service departments design! Really stupid. Many people change to an aftermarket reservoir. Don't remember where this came from, sorry.

The rear brake reservoir is a pain to get at alright. Your changed version looks nifty, I like that a lot!

Yanna Shiki is a mixed bag. Some stuff is crap. Since this is billet, I think you'd be safe going with it. $50. Not too bad if you want to go without a tube. I'll probably give it a try. I have heard of tygon tubing getting very soft exposed to the heat from the muffler with an eternal reservoir. Think rubber would be safe but one of these and you don't need to worry about it.

http://www.5by5discountcycle.com/motorcycle-parts-accessories/product.php?productid=18616

I don't even have one anymore..lol. I just removed the old one, cut the tube feeding up to the reservoir a few inches up from the piston, filled it with fluid, and inserted a bolt that would screw into the tube, and zip tied it. (note: It's a Pro Street bike).

I don't even have one anymore..lol. I just removed the old one, cut the tube feeding up to the reservoir a few inches up from the piston, filled it with fluid, and inserted a bolt that would screw into the tube, and zip tied it. (note: It's a Pro Street bike).

Doing some searching, I found a few rear MCs for about $10 on Ebay that come with an integrated reservoir cast right with the MC housing. No idea how any of these cheapies would effect braking performance or how reliable they are but I might try one before I spent $100 on that Yanna Shiki integrated reservoir. The angled neck Yanna Shiki reservoir is +$50 expensive than the straight.

just an idea. They do look awful dang small. Maybe for a dirt bike?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=132030077811

Last edited:
Back