Rear Brake Resoviur

To be honest I don't even use my rear brake to stop anyway. I see guys remove one front brake to save weight and I always wonder why they don't remove the rear brake? Other than leveling the bike I don't use it. I know, there are more talented riders here that can tell me that if I had more talent I would use the rear brake. This is true, but for me talent is limited!

Ever wonder where it is?Its nearly impossible to access it without lifting or removing the tail section.It's easy to remove.I changed to dot 5 in my clutch and front and rear brakes.Flushed out first with denatured alcohol. I also changed the clutch to kevlar with heavy duty springs and I got a slave cylinder support bracket.But all this time I thought the front brake Reservoir took care of the rear brakes too.

View attachment 1577986
Top Tip: visit your local farm store, buy a large syringe and some tubing. Thread the tubing down from the seat/tail opening and you are able to suck out fluid, and also add without removing the tail fairing. Note the rubber in the syringe doesnt handle the brake fluid well and should be rinsed out or discarded after use.

-D

Back