Rear Brake line removal

I'm changing my rear brake line next week and I was inspecting the removal process. I'd like to know if any of you were able to save the original line or did you cut it off due to the welded tabs holding it to the frame?

Here's a picture.

IMG_0018.jpg

I bent mine, and back again after.
I did do it in Summer and put a little heat in the area first.
Wouldnt be so keen on a winters morning.

Rear brakes not so hard.
Wait untill you do the clutch line.....:laugh:

I bent mine, and back again after.
I did do it in Summer and put a little heat in the area first.
Wouldnt be so keen on a winters morning.

Rear brakes not so hard.
Wait untill you do the clutch line.....:laugh:

I just finished the clutch line and it was fun trying to manuver the hose around and under to get her out. Slipped sandwich bags over banjos as not to get brake fluid all over.

When I installed the new line, I went from master cylinder over frame and down. Easy pessy! :thumbsup:

I just finished the clutch line and it was fun trying to manuver the hose around and under to get her out. Slipped sandwich bags over banjos as not to get brake fluid all over.

When I installed the new line, I went from master cylinder over frame and down. Easy pessy! :thumbsup:

Yeah, few options.
Had to do mine as it was too short.
I went under the frame (after a bit of head scratching)
It looks close to the motor, but its not.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Yeah, few options.
Had to do mine as it was too short.
I went under the frame (after a bit of head scratching)
It looks close to the motor, but its not.

Now I'm jealous because you have a lift. :moon:

I wish I had the room in my garage for a lift.

Tony, how did the banjo bolts fit? Mines were pretty snug. I got the bottom bolt in with some effort but the master cylinder bolt wouldn't seat. Didn't force it. I put the OEM bolts back in and called Galfer to send another set.

Now I'm jealous because you have a lift. :moon:

I wish I had the room in my garage for a lift.

Tony, how did the banjo bolts fit? Mines were pretty snug. I got the bottom bolt in with some effort but the master cylinder bolt wouldn't seat. Didn't force it. I put the OEM bolts back in and called Galfer to send another set.

The bolts are 2 different thread pitches. I did the same thing but luckily figured it out before I marred the second one up. I just left the stocker in the rear caliper which was the one I messed up.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bolts are 2 different thread pitches. I did the same thing but luckily figured it out before I marred the second one up. I just left the stocker in the rear caliper which was the one I messed up.

---

Fiend do you remember which thread pitch goes to the master cylinder? Thin or course?

I'd be lying if I said I remember. Try hand tightening the bolts in and make sure to stop threading them in if it becomes difficult to thread.

---

If you are changing your brake or clutch lines to Galfer, the course thread banjo bolt goes to the Master cylinder. The fine thread to the Calipers. These are NOT in the instructions so look carefully at the bolts.

Per Robert (tech) at Galfer.

If you are changing your brake or clutch lines to Galfer, the course thread banjo bolt goes to the Master cylinder. The fine thread to the Calipers. These are NOT in the instructions so look carefully at the bolts.

Per Robert (tech) at Galfer.

Are they going to send you new banjo bolts?

---

I guess I will have to give them a call tomorrow then and get mine ordered.
Thanks

---

Now I'm jealous because you have a lift.I wish I had the room in my garage for a lift.

:laugh:

Thats at a Mates place.
This is my bike lift...

Im moving house in a month or two.
Building another little shed.
Only 6m x 9m but it will be "bikes only"
Going to get a 2nd bike lift and kit the whole place out right.

Untill then, im stuck with this....

Back