Rear Brake line attachment???????

stangman_50

Registered
Im reinstalling my rear brake line after putting a extended swingarm on. Is there any certain way the front part of the brake line is supposed to be facing. Also could someone tell me the torque specs on the bolt that attaches the caliper to the long bar under the swingarm. Hope someone can help me out, Thanks Gary

You might catch one...

images.jpg

Im reinstalling my rear brake line after putting a extended swingarm on. Is there any certain way the front part of the brake line is supposed to be facing. Also could someone tell me the torque specs on the bolt that attaches the caliper to the long bar under the swingarm. Hope someone can help me out, Thanks Gary
Well gary,I'm assuming Gen I. Brake line...I'll try. Are you wondering which side off the line goes down on the caliper? The line should flow naturally without stress on it. You have extended the arm,therefore you have an aftermarket line.Show us a photo with arrows pointing out your question better.
The long bar you refer to,is called the brake stay (Canada anyway) I have never in 40 years used a torque wrench on those kinds of things. But if yer a perfectionist type of guy,the values are shown below.
Hit back with pics,we can give you an' answer to the line. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

As long as the brake line and couplings clear everything and don't kink the line from movement of the swingarm, it will work no matter which way the ring coupling faces or how many degrees it points inward or away from the bike. I have aftermarket rear brake lines on upside down on my ZX-14 and it's been working fine for 10 years.

If you are using aluminum banjo bolts, those probably have a lower torque spec than stock.

Last edited:
As long as the brake line and couplings clear everything and don't kink the line from movement of the swingarm, it will work no matter which way the ring coupling faces or how many degrees it points inward or away from the bike. I have aftermarket rear brake lines on upside down on my ZX-14 and it's been working fine for 10 years.

If you are using aluminum banjo bolts, those probably have a lower torque spec than stock.
I will wonder what his exact brake line question is till he re-posts.

Good catch on the banjo's.
Sometimes you don't want to re-tighten a nut or bolt back to stock T-values. Sometimes you want a little more torque on it,sometimes less.
Guess I'm old-skool,most of the time I just go by feel.Motor internals and some other fasteners for sure,out comes the torque wrench.
Rubb.

I will wonder what his exact brake line question is till he re-posts. View attachment 1622970
Good catch on the banjo's.
Sometimes you don't want to re-tighten a nut or bolt back to stock T-values. Sometimes you want a little more torque on it,sometimes less.
Guess I'm old-skool,most of the time I just go by feel.Motor internals and some other fasteners for sure,out comes the torque wrench.
Rubb.
I reckon you may be waiting and wondering for a while lmao, It's been 11 years since he was last seen here . . . :laugh: :rolleyes: :moon:
stangman_50

Registered

Joined Jan 28, 2008

Last seen Jun 17, 2009

:popcorn:

I reckon you may be waiting and wondering for a while lmao, It's been 11 years since he was last seen here . . . :laugh: :rolleyes: :moon:
stangman_50

Registered

Joined Jan 28, 2008

Last seen Jun 17, 2009

:popcorn:

Jesus H...how in the heck did it get to the top of "What's New" :banghead:
Well thanks Kiwi... :thumbsup: I could have gone on about this for days.
Including getting PI55ED off he didn't respond. :laugh:
U Da man.
Rubb.

Jesus H...how in the heck did it get to the top of "What's New" :banghead:
Well thanks Kiwi... :thumbsup: I could have gone on about this for days.
Including getting PI55ED off he didn't respond. :laugh:
U Da man.
Rubb.
Just ol' Red Bull playing a wee game again, you got snagged mate, you are not the first lol.
Ol' Bumblebee is right onto Red, never misses a trick.
Be wary, keep an eye on the thread's start date, hey, you should know all this lol.

Just ol' Red Bull playing a wee game again, you got snagged mate, you are not the first lol.
Ol' Bumblebee is right onto Red, never misses a trick.
Be wary, keep an eye on the thread's start date, hey, you should know all this lol.
Forget it Kiwi...I'm just going to go back to drinking. I'm just as stoopid either way.
Rubb.

Back