Rear Brake Help

jdevans85

Registered
Hello I have a 08 busa that I recently took the wheels and tires off of, now I'm no master mechanic but it was pretty straight forward. I also took off the rear sets at the same time. Well after I put my wheels back on I have pretty much no rear brake at all, when I pumped it up I heard a "pop" sound, so I'm not sure whats up. Have to push the brake lever all the way down and still have about 25% of the rear brake. Any ideas?
Thank You,
Justin
:beerchug:

Check the fluid level in the master cylinder.
I would also bleed the rear system.
If there is any air that would give those symptoms.

did you, for some reason open the brake system? did you happen to notice if the "popping" sound came from the master or caliper?

Are both brake pads properly installed in the caliper? If you didn't loosen any brake lines there should be no air to bleed out. More information please.

Pull the rear wheel back off and inspect your brake braket you might have broke it. When you reinstalled the brake braket you might have installed it improperly. I have seen this happen on newer GSXR's

Pull the rear wheel back off and inspect your brake braket you might have broke it. When you reinstalled the brake braket you might have installed it improperly. I have seen this happen on newer GSXR's

how could the bracket being broke cause a soft lever? could've been the popping souns...agreed, but not effect the actual standing brake.

Sorry for the lack of info guys, like i said I'm no mechanic and didn't know what to include, as far as I know I never had the brake lines open. The popping sound came from the master cylinder I believe. Sooo I hope I don't have to pay someone to fix it. :bowdown:

if the master did fail, it is an easy fix and there are tons of guys here that can walk u thru the repair procedure. it's relatively easy

My guess is, you have something fookered up with the pads. Take the brake back off and inspect for any abnormalities with the pads. Make sure everything is aligned properly. I'd be a bit reluctant to ride it without adressing the problem.

Back