Rear Brake adjustment advise

jones2507

Registered
Have a 08 Busa ive had it apart all winter and last year the rear brakes didnt seem like them stopped me all that well so i replaced them this winter...got it all back together and the brake light stays on so i kept adjusting i think its called the rear master cylinder( in pic) and it didnt work so i adjusted the piece on the back side that has the spring on it and it fixed it so my question is if im riding and my brakes dont seem right do i just adjust the rear master cylinder? thanks

bike brake.jpg

Is the brake light switch build into the master? If so there will be two wires connected to the master.

If no wires there is a separate switch and spring that controls the brake light

image-3535915396.jpg

image-3535915396.jpg

The picture you show is how you adjust the pedal height. Since the brakes are hydrolic, there is anything you can really adjust in the brakes themselves short of replacing the pads with different material and making sure there isn't any air in the line. Rear brakes really aren't/shouldn't be your primary stopping force. That's handled by the front brakes.

The brake light switch can be adjusted independantly of the brake lever by turning the switch so that it raises and lowers. It works in the oposite direction than you would think.

Back