Rear Axle Castle Nut for Gen II

Very good question~!~

I can let you know that I have searched high and low for a castle nut for the Gen II but never had any luck. I tried hardware stores, cross reference with bike shops, Ebay (careful here, some sellers list them for all years, but my understanding is they are different), etc...

This was a couple years ago, maybe they have something by now...

Might as well drill a hole and go with the wire tie unless someone else has been lucky enough to find one~!~

100_1775.jpg

Last edited:
Ya really dont need a casle nut for a GENII. It uses a" lock nut" .Its kinda like a Nylock nut,just the way the threads are designed. Just for some added insurance I use some blue locktite and torque to 73 ftlb and let'er ride like that. I ride street and drag race it and its never come loose.

Ya really dont need a casle nut for a GENII. It uses a" lock nut" .Its kinda like a Nylock nut,just the way the threads are designed. Just for some added insurance I use some blue locktite and torque to 73 ftlb and let'er ride like that. I ride street and drag race it and its never come loose.

Some organizations require some sort of "additional" visible locking device other than just the lock nut.

Some organizations require some sort of "additional" visible locking device other than just the lock nut.
yeppers... positive retention device I think NHRA calls it? how many axles you seen fly off bikes btw? :rofl:

Required, or something similar, for the Texas Mile.

I trust that he has one for the Gen II, didn't see one right off hand...but gotta say, $25 + $11 shipping sounds just a tad on the steep side of the price range~!~

Maybe the chrome is worth the extra weight in shipping :laugh:

I trust that he has one for the Gen II, didn't see one right off hand...but gotta say, $25 + $11 shipping sounds just a tad on the steep side of the price range~!~

Maybe the chrome is worth the extra weight in shipping :laugh:

that is for the crome one i think mine was right at 24 bucks shipped !

Back