Really

Saw this in another forum reference Hayabusa going fast...my apologies as it is a long read....informative but long...this is referring to a run between an S1000RR and a Busa.

dont let out my man, happens quite often with that bmw, there strong 2nd thru 5th but as i saw the margin he was pulling when u hit 5th he wasnt pulling anywhere near as hard as when u were in 4th, it may seem discouraging having him come around you at 160 mph but trust me the busas tq and aerodynamics has the ability to turn the tables in 6th gear, im not sure if your ecu is flashed and you have extended revs but 500 over and your +2 gearing you have is good for about 198mph. beemers struggle in the 185mph+ range... your afr seems to be pretty good..you should trying going a tad richer to help efficiency at higher speed with the change in ram air or even make 5th and 6th gear richer than the other gears to aid with that, ram air at top of 3rd is far different and has different needs than top of 5th and especially 6th. might wanna pull a degree of timing in 6th also anywhere above 9krpms, maybe 12.8 to 13.0 should be your target.. if you cant see through that windscreen id change it to a clear double bubble or zero gravity light smoked at the darkest so you can get as low as possible and out of the wind and still see. hopefully you have a full exhaust, and high flow filter (bmc race, dna, sprint). full exhaust on a gen 2 is 47 lbs so if you just have slip ons your in need of some weight loss.. also not sure of your weight vs the bmw riders weight but again his rate of acceleration when u hit 5th wasnt anything you couldnt come back from..invest in a quickshifter, bazzaz standalone is a very good unit and allows gear by gear kill times and doesent require hooking in with a piggyback fuel tuner. a quickshifter wouldve kept him off your back alot longer as hes got a factory quickshifter propably set anywhere from 50ms kills to 200ms, your shifts are probably 500ms+ (half a second or more) so someone shifting 300 or more ms faster than you per shift your losing too many feet per second with each shift which equates to many bike lengths over time in addition to you having to close the throttle blades to perform the shift your creating turbulent airflow each shift also disripting the afr more which takes away efficiency which in turn takes away power ..i see your shift light is set at 11k.. might be a bit too early especially for the lower gears.. i know you may have it at peak power (10,200-10,500 actual rpms for the gen 2)but trust me it helps to go a bit deeper because in the lower gears your rpms will drop so severly from the internal gear ratios being what they are youll start off in the next gear far below peak power and have to waste time and energy building back up to peak vs going deep and falling into the next gear closer to peak, not to mention even going past peak power is still stronger acceleration than just before peak power of the next gear ratio which is harder to pull..basically revving 800 rpms deeper in 4th is still giving you a quicker rate of acceleration than being just shy of peak or even at peak of 5th gear simply because 4th gears tq is stronger than 5th gears so over rev wont kill you especially if your tune and exhaust dont have much of a power drop in the first place.. most stock motor gen 2 busas dont even lose more than 6whp and 10ft lbs of tq from peak to rev limit anyway so its best to keep the momentum going and use the over rev just from the tq of the current gear...sorry for the long book but i do high speed racing with various bikes frequently and just trying to help..keep up the good work.. just make a few tweaks and go back at em..stock ecu will still rev out to 11,800 on the guages on a gen 2.. not in 6th ofcourse till you flash it to get rid of the governor.. ride safe..

But he was not talking
about a slow s1000rr . . .

He was talking about a
Harley Davidson 1200 !

:lol:

#200MPH ~ #Really ~ #TopSpeed ~ #YouGotHeadUp ~ #THEoRg *

#200MPH ~ #Really ~ #TopSpeed ~ #YouGotHeadUp ~ #THEoRg *

Put that engine into something aerodynamic and then look out.

Here’s a video from a couple weeks ago. Putting it to my buddy. He’s on the far lane on his turbo busa. He was to busy watching me wheelie the old warrior and stalled his bike. That day at the track I beat a turbo Harley and a handful of other built Harley’s on my stock warrior. It’s all in the reaction time and launch. I raced a couple Harley’s on the street for money and win. They think it’s a wake in the park but I can get the warrior to dead hook on the street and those Harley’s can hook. Biggest Harley I have raced so far was a 131 cuin motor and still beat him

#Aerodynamics ~ #EngineSwap ~ #Grom2Stroke ~ #LookOut ~ #THEoRg *

Now this guy just needs riding lessons so he can get into the powerband. Smart enough to do a motor swap but has no weboos.

They were heavy and violenty aggressive with frames that were good but nothing like todays.

I didn't find mine very heavy, I think it was around 450lbs or so wet. I had a pipe on mine and a few other weight reducers though.

Technology has come leaps and bounds but in their day, they were the weapon of choice.

I didn't find mine very heavy, I think it was around 450lbs or so wet. I had a pipe on mine and a few other weight reducers though.

Technology has come leaps and bounds but in their day, they were the weapon of choice.
Yes they were the best until the CBR900 came to exist. I have a strong attachment to the GSX-R still after owning a 1991 750.

A little off topic but I rode my Busa for the first time in over a year. Just to town and back which was a bad idea because its not fixed yet and the tires are really bad see my thread "what chicken strips".

A dude I know has a Harley Sportster 1200 that he's done some mods to told me his Harley would keep up with my Busa. The mods he's done are not major performance mods just a few things like intake,exhaust. I couldn't stop laughing then he says I've already got it up to 150mph. I told him lets race then I'll put the speed limiter back on so I can only do 186mph and he still wouldn't catch up. I will also give him a head start.

My question is are Harley owners that arrogant? Do they really think that adding a intake and putting on a performance exhaust can make a Sportster 1200 just as fast as the Busa? Or is this guy just have a low IQ or something? I know there are bikes that can beat a Busa but a Sportster 1200 with no engine work, come on man get to reality.

When I get my busa up there we'll see.

My question is... What makes you think everyone that owns a Harley is like "A dude I Know"?

If I do decide to put him in his place I'm going to get those stickers for my mirrors that say "Objects In Mirror Are Loosing".

If and when you do decide to run him, you should match his speed and when he is tapped out, open your throttle and leave him far behind....it will get his hopes up he is pacing you and then "boom" you are gone.

The only drawback to this would be when word gets around, someone on a ZX14R or H2 or built Busa will be then wanting to look you up.

They were heavy and violenty aggressive with frames that were good but nothing like todays.
The old oil cooled gixxers me and my mate put together were on the light side , featured full custom machined ti axles ,ti suspension and engine long bolts and fasteners , even ti suspension dog bones and ti rear top engine mounts . Ran Marvic magnesium wheels , and used aluminum bolts and even plastic everywhere that you could safely . Featured billet ofset triples , rearsets Got 162 bhp out of that sweet 1186cc , flowed , webb cams , yoshi pipe 1100L slingshot , ran 9.6 stock height stock wheelbase and serious wheelie , this was early 90's . That bike won the nation wide conducted Australian Motorcycle News dyno shootout for the top normally aspirated streetbike at that time .
Having said all that , the EXUP FZ1000R Yamaha was generally the preferred closed circuit liter plus weapon of the day , by most journos anyway , then the little 900 Honda took over as best around a tighter track .

Back