Really

Mason357

Registered
A dude I know has a Harley Sportster 1200 that he's done some mods to told me his Harley would keep up with my Busa. The mods he's done are not major performance mods just a few things like intake,exhaust. I couldn't stop laughing then he says I've already got it up to 150mph. I told him lets race then I'll put the speed limiter back on so I can only do 186mph and he still wouldn't catch up. I will also give him a head start.

My question is are Harley owners that arrogant? Do they really think that adding a intake and putting on a performance exhaust can make a Sportster 1200 just as fast as the Busa? Or is this guy just have a low IQ or something? I know there are bikes that can beat a Busa but a Sportster 1200 with no engine work, come on man get to reality.

When I get my busa up there we'll see.

My i
A dude I know has a Harley Sportster 1200 that he's done some mods to told me his Harley would keep up with my Busa. The mods he's done are not major performance mods just a few things like intake,exhaust. I couldn't stop laughing then he says I've already got it up to 150mph. I told him lets race then I'll put the speed limiter back on so I can only do 186mph and he still wouldn't catch up. I will also give him a head start.

My question is are Harley owners that arrogant? Do they really think that adding a intake and putting on a performance exhaust can make a Sportster 1200 just as fast as the Busa? Or is this guy just have a low IQ or something? I know there are bikes that can beat a Busa but a Sportster 1200 with no engine work, come on man get to reality.

My boss from years ago had a sportster as well. We were talking about the Busa one day and he told me that “foreign bikes don’t have any torque” and that his Sportster would out run one easily because they have low end torque. This was back in 2002-2003.

Skip forward a year or two when I got my first Busa, All I could do was laugh when I realized how ignorant he was.

I know I'm not usually one to say let's race but if you heard the way he was talking you could see why I said it.
Common sense or even the slightest knowledge in bikes should tell you all you need to know. If you are really going to race him - you are not any better or any smarter than he is!

I worked with guy that had a 2003 harley ultra classic with a "stage 4" package. He told me the bike made 180hp and I was shocked into silence for a few seconds and had to clarify what we were talking about, yup a 180hp harley. Fast forward a few weeks and we are lined up, his stage 4 and my gen stage 1. We take off and the race was over from the start, I gave her all I could. Both legs out back like super man (lol) and short power wheelies into 3rd. Fast forward a few more months (his bike is at 219hp now) and we are lined up but with my fatboy this time. My bike has 2 into 2 pipes and a pc running choppy making all of maybe 60hp to the wheel. We go from a dig and I spin immediately and stay in it using a whole lane fish tailing. We roll from 30 and I jump him by two bikes and by a little short of an eighth of a mile he starts coming around me. Well come to find out from a buddy that talked to the mechanic that built the bike at it's best it made 110hp and around same in torques. I think his butt dyno needs a recalibration.

Yeah, I know when me and a friend were going to upgrade our bikes I was getting the Busa he wanted a cruiser. one dealer had a used Sportster 1200 so we took it for a test ride to see what the big deal was with Harleys. I got it on the interstate and topped it out at a little over 115mph. He ended up getting a Shadow 750 and it topped out a little under 110mph. So a 750 could almost top out at the same speed as a Harley 1200.

I'm calling bull on him hitting 150mph on his bike with the mods he's done. Even if he did its hard to get that last 36mph out especially on a non aerodynamic bike.

Common sense or even the slightest knowledge in bikes should tell you all you need to know. If you are really going to race him - you are not any better or any smarter than he is!

Yeah but some people do need to be put in their place. Yes I know how the race will end and I don't normally race and I get a lot of offers. On the Busa every sportbike wants to race even in my car the MX-5 every civic with a fart can wants to race I've always declined. But this time is different it would take too long to explain why.

Yeah but some people do need to be put in their place. Yes I know how the race will end and I don't normally race and I get a lot of offers. On the Busa every sportbike wants to race even in my car the MX-5 every civic with a fart can wants to race I've always declined. But this time is different it would take too long to explain why.
Sometimes a visual reference helps people, when he sees you disappearing into the distance and he's wide open, he'll get it then....

There always has to be that one :lol:
I enjoy the guys with cars that think they can “destroy” bikes.
Way back when a guy with an r8 thought he could take me.
well needless to say he did not lol. Similar scenario with a gtr.....Busa gets me every time!!

I’ve got a couple good Harley stories. Makes me smile every time I remember. One day I was heading out and found myself on a divided two lanes in each direction hiway that was long and straight. I was doing my usual 95ish in 6th. No traffic. Up ahead was a large herd of Harleys, maybe 25 Hawgs altogether (thankfully) in the right hand lane. As I passed, the lead Hawg almost instantly matched my speed so I looked over and he nodded that he wanted to go and gassed it a bit on and off. There was no traffic in front of us. I could tell that his Hawg was indeed modified. It sounded (very) hot, could’ve been one of those 124ci motors, really sounded badazz, no foolin. So, I figured, why the hell not. Remember now we’re doing 95ish. He downshifted, could’ve had a Baker 6 speed for all I know, so I nodded back, and downshifted (three gears) and looked over to him and pointed forward with my left hand and nodded. He tilted his head sort of like he was giving up before the fight, like oh well, maybe not today, and up shifted and slowed back to the herd.

On tour one day in Colorado I think, I ran into three German guys on rented Harleys at a gas station. We were way out in the middle of nowhere, perfect riding country. They were great guys, very friendly. I told them that I was kinda shocked to see two Germans who have the autobahn to ride on, riding Harleys. It seemed it was a bucket list item for them, to ride thru America on a Harley. As were geared up to leave they were going to be ahead of me by a few minutes so I said I’d be seeing them shortly and we all laughed. They asked me if I caught them in a safe stretch, to pass them fast when I caught up and they would honk as I passed. They really liked the Busa. They would be watching for me. Turned out the stretch of road was perfect, a high speed straight with only slight doglegs for curves. I was doing my comfortable 95 in 6th around 5,000 revs, just loafing along really but it didn’t take long to catch up. When I saw them I went to 3rd and nailed it. I musta been doing 160+ as I went by and they waved and honked in unison. Made me smile, great foreign relations right? :laugh:

I remember this is the same guy that said years ago that his truck would keep up with my Busa. It was a 73 chevy custom deluxe that he supposedly put $6000 in the engine no FI all motor I told him my car would beat his truck a 91 turbo Miata that was putting more hp to the wheels than he was putting at the crank. I got him by saying I put less than 6000 in the car including the cost of the car told him its not how much you put in the car but what you do with the money you use that counts.

Found out later he blew the engine to that truck by using low octane fuel in a old high compression engine and ignoring the fact that he was getting detonation and driveing it anyway shattering a few pistions. So he's not exactly smart. He acts like his Harley can break the speed of sound.

The way I'm thinking he needs a reality check. Kinda like my brother saying his Mustang was so fast it was a V6 Mustang and my stock 94 Miata beat him 0-60 and my little Ninja 250 could do the same then I got the Busa and shut him up saying how fast his car was.

If you knew this guy how he is the things he does you would agree he needs to be put in his place and that's the only reason I said ok prove it lets race when I get my car and bike here. I should have the turbo on my new MX-5 by the time we race so I will beat his Harley in my car too and maybe he will have his truck fixed by then too so I can beat both. I also agreed to build the new engine for his truck which if I do it will prob beat my car but not the Busa. I also plan to turbo the Busa so that will destroy anything he has Ninja H2s too.

You find those kind of people everyday. Just this morning I was called and a$$hole, because a guy said he eats busas every weekend on his concours14 and I thought he was just joking and being sarcastic. Another guy and myself replied with the “laughing” emoji and the dude called us a$$holes. I replied: I’m no drag racer, but I own both and know the difference, so I thought you were joking, so I apologize for thinking you were playing around. Be safe out there killing busas”.
The post was quickly taken down. :rofl:

I hear this all the time. I think most of it is derived from the old school mentality “if it isn’t American made its crap.” (Even though Harley is like 55 or 60% made overseas.)

I hear a lot of Harley reference the guys that show up to the track with there street legal Harley’s with wheelie bars and nitrous. “Those are some bassdddd mf’s”. My reply is “oh you mean the guys that have wheelie bars and run 10’s?” Ha! They usually don’t know that’s stock Busa territory.

Around 20 years ago I was on my way home from a bike rally on my '91 GSXR1100M riding on my own and passing every car and truck I came up on, 2 lane highway.
I was sitting on around 80mph, speed limit was 60mph.
I wasn't taking much notice of my rear view mirror and suddenly a Harley passes me, must've been doing 100mph. It was very loud and sounded non-stock.
I instantly sat on his tail waiting for my chance to nail him, but the traffic was pretty thick and we were passing cars and trucks one after the other.
As he opened the throttle on that big heavy pig to pass a truck and trailer I was pelted with hot exhaust carbon right on my throat, which was exposed due to no neck protection.
Well that made me mad, and I came along side him at 120mph, looked at him, he was looking at me, I pointed down at my gear shifter and went down a gear from 5th to 4th, trailed the throttle at around 8000rpm and opened the throttle full.
I cut in front of him and saw the speedo hit 150mph in 4th and tacho on redline, shifted to top gear and hauled a$$ outta there.
He was a speck in my mirror.
That GSXR1100 was capable of doing 175mph on stock gearing, and it was tuned well.
I never saw that Harley again . . . funny that.

Back