Really expensive traffic tickets

whew, makes me think that not having a camera on Lucy is a good thing! :laugh:

good. maybe if the US had laws like that there wouldnt be so many chitheads riding around with no license, reg and insurance riding like fools intimidating people in their vehicles and therefore gettn run over....:whistle:

Does illegal search and seizure apply to motorcycles and is that even a law in Canaduh???

I was up in Ontario back in August on a business trip, drove a rental car not the Busa. I was surprised to see several warning signs along the highway about the very high cost of speeding tickets. Something like a $1000 minumum fine for 20 km per hour over the speed limit. Certainly made me slow down. Radar detectors are also a big NO-NO there as well.

Jim

Ho-Lee-crap! This is a wake up call for you idiots out there that want to record your tricks and high speed. You would think people would learn by now but we seem to be raising a bunch of morons so I expect to see this a lot in the future.

its up to $10000.00 for 50km over and immediate seizure of vehicle for one week, you have to fight it, they will never make it stick if you are close, but once you hit like 80 over I think your done. 20km over is about $270.00 under 50 over fines are set. on a lighter side I ran well over 140 in an 80 on my way to meet up with twtracer and after he ran my record I got the speech of I can take your bike you know, followed by its a nice day here is your warning.
I was up in Ontario back in August on a business trip, drove a rental car not the Busa. I was surprised to see several warning signs along the highway about the very high cost of speeding tickets. Something like a $1000 minumum fine for 20 km per hour over the speed limit. Certainly made me slow down. Radar detectors are also a big NO-NO there as well.

Jim

Florida has already passed similar laws for speed there. Automatic $1500 fine plus a felony. So nobody stops now.

Couple mates of mine popped over to France (from uk)
There the motorways are 130kmph in the dry and drops to 110kmph in the wet.
They were catching up to the pack and were going waaaaaaaay over that.
Got stopped, bikes seized, licence seized, £1200 fines each.
Bikes were not allowed to be ridden on French soil so a friend drove from London to France to collect the bikes.
Massive ballache to get licence back over the next few months...:please:

Ps must intro myself but on the iPad this morn so can't post pics. Been lurking for over a year now though :laugh:

The stunting laws over here basically cover anything once you go more than 50kph over the speed limit. Doesn't matter what the posted limit is. And for a true stunter, even a parking lot isn't safe. The cops will roll up and just start throwing tickets at you. no mirrors, etc. Even in parking lots.

Back