Really considering a busa... but still a newbie...

I like how that guy is moving but drags his feet for fifty yards, as though at any given time he is at risk of falling over. (Does that setup even require a kickstand or do you just get off of the bike and walk away? :shocked:)

I like how that guy is moving but drags his feet for fifty yards, as though at any given time he is at risk of falling over. (Does that setup even require a kickstand or do you just get off of the bike and walk away? :shocked:)
these guys with the extreme wide tire kits...…. smh…. all that money to look like an azzhole.

Figure a 240 on a cruiser would be nice, ill see how it performs vs the current 210 I have on it. I feel like the change won't be much as due to the control relocation kit on there now I cant put this thing into the turns anyhow.

IMG_5682.jpeg

I see a crapload of used busa's with the bigger rear tires on there but for a beginner I think a stock one is what I'm looking for. I noticed a lot of people running a 4inch stretch, doesnt hinder the look much and probably great for high speed runs. My search continues.... Threw some offers out there...

I thought bikes with wide tires were out at the moment. Not selling well ,with the new trend in ,thinner is better..

Still no Hayabusa. Been looking for a clean Gen II in black with lower mileage but it seems its difficult in the local FL area. Found a beautiful 2015 with 4k miles for $7750 up in PA but thats super far and I hate shipping expensive toys like that.

In the meantime,

I went to Harley Davidson and test drove the Street Glide. I have always been a Harley Davidson fan so I said why not? Well to report back I came home disappointed. In the Harley world everyone looks up to this bike. I still have my Yamaha Stryker (Love this thing) and recently sold my Fatboy Lo Denim so I had something to compare it too. I'm in total disbelief of why people purchase these things. The fairing in the front is totally useless for my height 6'3 as instead of the wind just blowing all over your body at highway speeds the fairing brought it all together and smashed it into my face instead. I would need a 10+in windshield and that would just look totally stupid. The suspension is nice and soft so that was a plus. The shifter was absolutely horrible and clunky and the clutch had to be let all the way out where its grab point was the last 5mm of the 2inch travel. Made no sense. This was a 2017 with 11k miles going for $18k. What a joke. I realized that full fairing bikes are just not for me. Checking craigslist, facebook classifieds, cycletrader, ebay, letgo, etc daily for my next bike ;)

Sorry guys I didn’t realize I was misinforming you :banghead:

I was always under the assumption that second gear slip was something all late model gen 1 owners faced.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/08-transmission-undercut.118107/

Gen1 Busas are factory undercut 3rd through 6th gear on upshift. No undercut on 2nd gear which is why so many have that problem.

Gen2 Busas are factory undercut 2nd through 6th gear on upshift so that should eliminate a lot of the problems people had in 2nd gear on the Gen1.

The only problems seen with the Gen2 tranny are the shift fork pins flatten out even faster. Gen1 forks are a direct swap and solve this problem. Gears are the same face width with a slightly different pitch.

Factory undercut is not as precise as it could be so there is still room for improvement giving a tighter engagement.

Output shaft on the Gen2 was increased from 25mm to 27mm. Output shaft problems are very common on the Gen1's. Bad metallurgy caused them to pit up and weaken. The smaller output shaft has issues shearing off.

From what I read here to me it looked like they were undercutting 2-6 on the 08+

I have ridden with ALOT of Busa guys over the years and every one of them have experienced 2nd gear slip. I forget where I read but I know 05+ Owners who complained enough were able to have their transmissions warrantied. The only catch was they were warrantied with oem non undercut gears which would most likely mean the issue would return in the future.

My bike is 06 I’m original owner it has minor bolt one, intake, exhaust, and tune, I lost partial use of 2nd with only 8,000 of what I would consider normal riding
My 2009 transmission is the only thing I hate about it right now. That false neutral between 5th and 6th is extremely annoying!

My 2009 transmission is the only thing I hate about it right now. That false neutral between 5th and 6th is extremely annoying!
Good god, that would kill me more than no second. I have been living without second for so long I am used to it, wind the hell out of first, double shift up to third and the Busa has that beautiful art of having enough power to let third pickup right where first left off.

Damn man 5-6 is just awful. I mean only other issue is second is usually the merging gear and also that magical gear you can tap down to when doing 45-50 for the rocket launcher. Man I love that it never ever gets old...you guys know what I am talking about.

Would an air shifter maybe resolve your 5-6 issue?

Good god, that would kill me more than no second. I have been living without second for so long I am used to it, wind the hell out of first, double shift up to third and the Busa has that beautiful art of having enough power to let third pickup right where first left off.

Damn man 5-6 is just awful. I mean only other issue is second is usually the merging gear and also that magical gear you can tap down to when doing 45-50 for the rocket launcher. Man I love that it never ever gets old...you guys know what I am talking about.

Would an air shifter maybe resolve your 5-6 issue?
The worst is the grinding sound and then not knowing if she will find 6th or fall back down to 5th. It only does this when riding it easy (good thing). If you are just cruising at 60MPH and try to shift to 6th to keep the RPMs low, she acts up, but if you do clutchless shift is fine. You can also gun it and shift to 6th anywhere above 70miles per hour using the clutch and she works normal. I guess she likes to be ridden fast.

The worst is the grinding sound and then not knowing if she will find 6th or fall back down to 5th. It only does this when riding it easy (good thing). If you are just cruising at 60MPH and try to shift to 6th to keep the RPMs low, she acts up, but if you do clutchless shift is fine. You can also gun it and shift to 6th anywhere above 70miles per hour using the clutch and she works normal. I guess she likes to be ridden fast.

Lol yes that is what they were made for, or at least what I tell myself when I am riding like a mad man. I rarely clutch anything after launch only my down shifts and rev match so I don’t get the helmet jab from my passengers. I always worried all those clutchless shifts was what hurt my 2nd but I think it was bound to happen. Eventually I will have to pull it.

Back