Realistic weight savings on Gen 2?

mjt999

Registered
Hey guys,

Been doing track days lately and am interested in the most weight people have removed from the new generations of Busa's.

Yep I know it is not intended to be a track bike like a gixxer1k but it is still fun throwing it around the track.

there's a guy on here with a magnesium swingarm and carbon fiber wheels.

Probably not springing for carbon fiber wheels...tough to straighten when I bang into things:lol:

Started doing some searches (imagine that :banghead:) and found Draco1340 has done some pretty cool stuff.

First owner already did the exhaust...Yosh R-77

Probably focus on:

wheels (10 lbs reduction front and rear?), sub-frame (7 lbs w/chromoly), and battery (7 lbs speedcell)

I would also get ahold of RayDog. He uses his 'Busa a lot for local track days. I can gurantee you that he will be more then willing to help you out with making your ride more competitive at the track! :thumbsup:

if you haven't already, try dumping or gutting the stock cans. i believe they weigh in between 35-50lbs. for the set. that should make a difference turning in on those hot laps.:whistle:

Thanks guys.

Definitely would like to talk to RayDog. Did a track day at a new track in Wilcox, AZ (link below) in the B group. The Busa is definitely a blast on the track but you can feel the heft! No worries though, 99.9% on the street and much more comfortable than my old R1 or GSXR1K...

Getting faster all the time Schism, nice passing 6's and 1k's with a bus...really makes you tune into how much you are NOT tapping on these bikes!

Thanks for the info Blanca, not sure if removing the belly pan will fly for the track but I will look into it...did the wheels make a difference in handling only or can you feel it on acceleration too?

That is the same company I am going to be doing track days with. Just have to wait till I get back on my feet and get a racing suit.

The track day was well run and definitely a blast. There was a couple of smug people out there monitoring but 99% were cool and helpful. Takes a bit of work to throw that bus around a track! Every once in awhile I had the urge to stop, throw the blinkers on and let the kids off!

Back