Realibility issues

greb

Registered
Hi again,i've been reading some of the busa problems on the board, there seems a lot of things can go wrong,ie,reg/rec,cct,fuel pump,clutch,the cct apperently fail without warning and wreck the motor(not good)am a bit concerned as mine is earliest model,due to pick it up soon,must admit am getting tempted to keep the blackie.

The majority of problems are owner induced .

Aside the early model cam chain tensioners " which can be fixed " these bikes are reliable as a hammer when treated anywhere near properly . That does not include airshifters , turbo's , 1429 kits and all that although there are some 30k mile turbo Busa's as testimate to engine strength .

There are also a large number of 60K + mile Busa's out there thats had nothing but tires , chains , airfilters and engine oil replaced .

Keep blackie , whatever that is if really concerned
rock.gif

(greb @ Sep. 22 2006,09:flamethrowing:) Hi again,i've been reading some of the busa problems on the board, there seems a lot of things can go wrong,ie,reg/rec,cct,fuel pump,clutch,the cct apperently fail without warning and wreck the motor(not good)am a bit concerned as mine is earliest model,due to pick it up soon,must admit am getting tempted to keep the blackie.
For the most part the bikes are bullet proof.... and whats not can be fixed/updated before it becomes a problem. My 2000 is still running strong!

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 22 2006,07:53) The majority of problems are owner induced .

Aside the early model cam chain tensioners " which can be fixed " these bikes are reliable as a hammer when treated anywhere near properly . That does not include airshifters , turbo's , 1429 kits and all that although there are some 30k mile turbo Busa's as testimate to engine strength .

There are also a large number of 60K + mile Busa's out there thats had nothing but tires , chains , airfilters and engine oil replaced  .

Keep blackie , whatever that is if really concerned  
rock.gif
i mean blackbird,i take your advice about engine strength,they must be strong to take a turbo,nitrous etc.

Back