Ready to tour!

Earlier this summer
Who makes the bags and where did you get them from. I love my busa and want to make it a tour bike like that.

I have exact same setup. Just got back from 10 day 4500km tour. Top Case is Journey 42L with Easyrack and side cases are Orbit C-Bow cases with matching C-Bow Rack for Gen 3 all from Hepco & Becker from Germany. Very solid and well made kit. If you in US Motomachines.com is a dealer.

Two up for 3500 miles requires all the room one can acquire. Rain gear was our friend. Went to Sturgis and back. Next year Vegas to Myrtle Beach, Dragon, Wheels through Time.

My wife Elena was very comfortable. Me, I'm going to drop the pegs a bit. Wolfman Deano has cool lowered pegs.

Had to make due with stock cans, you can't unhook the trailer with the stock cans on. The Cerakote guys weren't done with the Yosh's before we left. Have them done here shortly. Reassemble all the pieces.

Pearl metallic orange. Changes colors in different lighting. Thanks !.

:thumbsup:

Continental - 85mph. I actually sourced out the fastest 10 inch tire I could find for scooters and small powered vehicles. Had proper sleeves cut, and pressed into the factory bearing radius. Abec 3 bearings. I did a little reconfiguration after I rebuilt the suspension which is now good for 200 pounds worth of stuff easily, but you know I probably don't wanna pull that much weight back there. Too much to fight at low speeds in parking lots making short radius turns.

You can't even tell it's back there really.

I did run the Factory chain as I didn't have time to change it out and only had 100 miles on it. It's stretched pretty good on the trip. I'll be replacing it with an EKD3 here shortly.

Last edited:
This thread is for the general discussion of the 3rd generation hayabusa Ready to tour!. Please add to the discussion here.
Nice setup. If you don't mind couple of shot from behind, over to see the clearance of the side cases? I would like to go for the same side ones and it would be great to see some angels, which have not been shown by the manufacturer. It would be great if you can shar eon your experience on how water tight are they, cleaning, closing, discomforting noises, how it tolerates some spirited rides, any issues in general?

@ _WOLFMAN_ @Oldsoldier47, would guys mind dropping more pictures?
I am going to buy the H&B Orbit side cases (w/o top case) but I can not find anywhere the pics from read / front of the bike.

Thanks!

It is. But this seems to be the slimmest set with hard cases. They are just 15l each and mounting rack is really close to the tail.

View attachment 1679146
I have checked the xcore cases for cbow system, it has same dimensions with slightly different form factor. I guess if you put utility belt on a wide waist it will became even wider...

Back