ready for the busa?

I found the Busa to be a Space Shuttle under your butt while all other bikes are a Ford Pinto wagon loaded down with grand ma's groceries. Be careful and have fun and see if you can find other Busa riders in your area.

P-

Go for it, you will love it! Like others have said, wrist control!
beerchug.gif

I think you did a very smart thing by getting your wings on a Bandit. The move up to a busa should be no problem for you, and after getting one,
beerchug.gif
I bet you will agree getting a more docile bike to start was a wise decision.

I went from a CBR 600 to my Busa with a 10 year brake from motorcycle in between. Once you've mastered (I use that term loosely) the feel of this bike it really comes down to self control. When you twist that wrist just a wee-bit you're unleashing one helluva monster...so it takes a bit of self control I think.

The Hayabusa is just a bike...it's not a rocket ship ready to blast you into outer space at the flick of the switch.

Don't get me wrong. It's a fast bike, but if you've got solid riding skills and a level head you can ride it...first street bike or not. If you've been riding in the dirt you're probably more able than a lot of people who have never been.

I started riding and racing dirt bikes when I was four (I'm 38 now). As far as streetbikes go, I've owned a Honda Interceptor (my first streetbike when I was 19), a handful of modified GSXR's, an 05 Gsxr 1K, and now the 06 Busa. To be honest with you, the most brutally spank you on the a$$ fast bike I have ever been on is a Honda CR 500. 500cc's of two stroke power will teach you a thing or two about throttle control. Top end speaking, obviously the streetbikes will win ever time, but the instant on acceleration of a two stroke motocrosser really makes you sit up and take notice.

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with my opinion, but that's my $.02 worth...

Get what you want and ride safe and smart.

Back