Reading has scared the crap out of me

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 23 2005) said:
Revlis scares me.
laugh.gif
He's just a pussy cat too.. an evil pussy cat, but a lovable one just the same~
wink.gif

I've gotta agree with the majority here... get the Busa, you'll do just fine with the experience you have under your belt~ It's all about how you ride 'er~ It is, after all, a "sport touring" bike~ You can ride it like a tour bike.. or give it hell (like Revlis on his way home from work) like a sport bike~
cool.gif
Pussy Cat? Hey... You just call me a Pussy?
smile.gif

BAsically my point is that the Busa is just a bike with a throttle. It has a loud and a quiet setting, just like any bike, but once you dip into the sweet 7-10k RPM zone it's damned hard to stay out of it, especially in the first three gears. Accelerate faster than many race cars, faster than a fighter jet in the 1/4 mile. I mean DAYUM!

This is the trouble with the Busa, it's an Evil Temptress, a Siren's Call of Failing to stop for a LEO, of highspeed blasts through tunnels, across bridges, and other animal free areas. A seductive twisted mistress constantly telling you "Faster Faster!" Even folks who consider themselves very laid back can and do change next thing ya know they get a 140 in a 70 MPH zone. It's just that twisted...

Hell, this is why the Busa is such an unruly beast, not because it's hard to handle, but because of how it handles you...

Yup, like any good fast woman, she will lure you in and take advantage if you let her.

It's all between your wrist and your head. Go for it!
wait a minute, that doesn't sound right...
rock.gif
wow.gif

welcome to the madness.

Respect and a cool head will always prevail, it wont scare you until you forget whos in charge (lose respect)

Thanks for all the posts, guys. I am reassured and pumped again. And I'm definitely hearing the Siren's Call right now. Restraint is fading fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fist off, I'm a new member, so hello to everyone. I've ridden off and on for many years, mainly just your run of the mill street bikes. I currently ride an '03 Electra Glide. (I like comfortable highway riding). But, I've always loved the Hayabusa, especially the '99 Copper and Silver. Now I've got the opportunity to buy one at a good price. Stumbled on this website while trying to research before I took the plunge. Some of these posts have scared the crap out of me. Is this bike such a monster that you cannot ride it at a relaxed pace? Does even the slightest twist of the throttle cause this bike to launch into mach 1? Or is a controled motorcycle as long as you don't dump the throttle? Thanks
...If you have riding experience, you dont have to be "scared" of the busa!! Respect the bike, and use the throttle maturely... and everything will be just fine!!! Its a fast powerful and stable bike, not a monster
biggrin.gif

Fist off, I'm a new member, so hello to everyone.  I've ridden off and on for many years, mainly just your run of the mill street bikes.  I currently ride an '03 Electra Glide.  (I like comfortable highway riding).  But, I've always loved the Hayabusa, especially the '99 Copper and Silver.  Now I've got the opportunity to buy one at a good price.  Stumbled on this website while trying to research before I took the plunge.  Some of these posts have scared the crap out of me.  Is this bike such a monster that you cannot ride it at a relaxed pace?  Does even the slightest twist of the throttle cause this bike to launch into mach 1? Or is a controled motorcycle as long as you don't dump the throttle?  Thanks
Have an 03 Heritage and the Busa.  As stkr00 said you'll swear something is wrong with the Harley.  I keep trying to whip it like a pony hoping it'll go faster.  I love both bikes.  The Harley great for cruisen with the fellas for a few barley pops.  The Busa is fun to ride.  The speed is like a drug.  Pick up the Busa you won't be sorry.  You'll have the best of both world's.  In addition, the busa is a really comfortable bike to ride.
Nail on the head dude! I have a 04 Road King (5th Harley) I purchased the Busa (05 LTD) three weeks ago because I wanted another V-Rod and they are outragious! I put 6,500 miles on the Road King in 4 months (vacation etc) and since I bought the Busa I have ridden it twice haha.. Simiply put the Busa is fun, fast and just a great machine, you won't be sorry!

FEAR is a GOOD thing when it comes to the Busa. Fear and respect for the bike will keep you out of trouble. That said, The bike can be very docile. You can lug the thing around at low RPM's all day with no problem. Don't be fooled by it's good manners, though. Evil awaits the unsuspecting and uninitiated in the upper RPM's

Buy it.
smile.gif

Get the busa now!!! R E S P E C T is a key word here. The power available to you is addictive ! You have got to know when and where to use it, but you will use it. Heck I'm 55 and a grandfather 9 times and Ive had mine up to 165. Woops hope the wife dosn't read this!

The Busa is a very docile machine...IF you want it to be, but if you choose to unleash its potential, it will eagerly provide you with an adrenaline rush that lasts for days.
cool.gif

I ride a 2000 Electra-Glide.  Once you ride the Busa, you'll swear that something is wrong with your Glide...there isn't...other than it weighs twice as much and has less than half the power of the Busa.
laugh.gif

You won't be disappointed if you get the Busa.  Just take your time and get use to it, and you won't have any problems.

Good Luck
beerchug.gif
Listen to Jim, he's correctamundo...
thumbs-up.gif

Treat yourself right, and get the Busa. Best thing Ive done for myself in a long time, was taking home my 05 Busa.

I guess "Self Control" is key to most things in life. If you flick a strange dog in the head, Dont be shocked if it bites you in the @ss. Same goes true with the Busa. Learn what the Busa can and can't do before you decide to go Neil Armstrong with the thing.
wink.gif

The busa is a pussy cat below about 5500rpms.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that it makes even responsible 30somethings act like complete hooligans!

It's an evil bike in that you cannot really control yourself, at least not all the time.  Hell I'll hit 170 tonight on the way home, it's a compulsion....  an addiction... this is the real EVIL of the Busa...  
cool.gif
Rev nailed it....its a very predictable space shuttle. It doesn't pound you with a sudden power hit, it just keeps accelerating like an electric motor or turbo, and it makes crazy speeds feel slow............THAT is the problem.
But run it to redline through the gears and yes it can get a little freaky...sometimes I wonder if the human body was meant to travel that fast that quickly
wow.gif
tounge.gif

Well I also am very close to finally picking up my first Busa. I am 22 but consider myself mature. Reading this forum for 2 days scared the crap outta me!!!!!! I built my first custom Chopper 3 years ago. I have only been riding for about 4 or 5 years. We own a custom bike shop (kinda) we only build about 2 a year. It is more just a hobby. My dad is retired but cant stop working. He is 50 and still rides a rigid chopper. Anyway I can't wait to pick the bike up. My bro works at the bike dealer here so I can pick an 05' special ed for $9280. I can't find anything that suggests it wouldn't be a steal.

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME
YOU GUYS HAVE MADE ONE GREAT BOARD!!!!!!!!

Take the time to know the Busa; it is a fantastic bike with it's smooth power band. A great bike for touring on too!

Get it. It will quickly become your favorite ride.

The most fun you will have with your clothes on.

Back