Reading has scared the crap out of me

Triple D

Registered
Fist off, I'm a new member, so hello to everyone. I've ridden off and on for many years, mainly just your run of the mill street bikes. I currently ride an '03 Electra Glide. (I like comfortable highway riding). But, I've always loved the Hayabusa, especially the '99 Copper and Silver. Now I've got the opportunity to buy one at a good price. Stumbled on this website while trying to research before I took the plunge. Some of these posts have scared the crap out of me. Is this bike such a monster that you cannot ride it at a relaxed pace? Does even the slightest twist of the throttle cause this bike to launch into mach 1? Or is a controled motorcycle as long as you don't dump the throttle? Thanks

Fist off, I'm a new member, so hello to everyone.  I've ridden off and on for many years, mainly just your run of the mill street bikes.  I currently ride an '03 Electra Glide.  (I like comfortable highway riding).  But, I've always loved the Hayabusa, especially the '99 Copper and Silver.  Now I've got the opportunity to buy one at a good price.  Stumbled on this website while trying to research before I took the plunge.  Some of these posts have scared the crap out of me.  Is this bike such a monster that you cannot ride it at a relaxed pace?  Does even the slightest twist of the throttle cause this bike to launch into mach 1? Or is a controled motorcycle as long as you don't dump the throttle?  Thanks
Completely false..... The bike does what you want it to do. The bike is fast.Period. Any sportbike will get you in trouble. A 600 will get you in trouble just like a Busa. I love it. You will too.

This bike is a teddy bear unless you ask it for more.
It's all in the wrist and very stable and forgiving also.

Its more about the rider's judgement and desire. Some guys are not meant to ride the fastest production motorcycle, they have no impulse control.

From your post, sounds like you'll do just fine.

So GO AHEAD and BUY IT!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You won't regret it
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board.

The primary beauty of the 'Busa IMHO is that the power and torque are totally linear. The more you twist the throttle the more you get, but it's a predictable increase.

You can tool around town at 5Krpm or less and it will be very well behaved.

In the twisties you won't have to change gear so much because the torque will carry you through the corners.

Get it on the open road however, and really twist the grip, and you'll quickly appreciate just how much power and acceleration this bike is capable of.

It's very fast yet very civilized as well. The weight/size makes it more stable and comfortable than other super/hyperbikes also. You can tour two-up if you want.

This is why you'll find so much enthusiasm for it on this board, it's so many things to so many people.

Get it dude i went from a 600 katana to a busa....everyone was telling me a simple touch of the throttle will have you on one wheel and its not true. The bike is easier to ride than liter bikes as the throttle is not as touchy. Id go for the copper and silver in a second...welcome

Get it dude i went from a 600 katana to a busa....everyone was telling me a simple touch of the throttle will have you on one wheel and its not true.  The bike is easier to ride than liter bikes as the throttle is not as touchy. Id go for the copper and silver in a second...welcome
Yeah, and now you can do wheelies HIM, right?

wink.gif

poke.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124825487 -->

The Busa is a very docile machine...IF you want it to be, but if you choose to unleash its potential, it will eagerly provide you with an adrenaline rush that lasts for days.
cool.gif

I ride a 2000 Electra-Glide. Once you ride the Busa, you'll swear that something is wrong with your Glide...there isn't...other than it weighs twice as much and has less than half the power of the Busa.
laugh.gif

You won't be disappointed if you get the Busa. Just take your time and get use to it, and you won't have any problems.

Good Luck
beerchug.gif

throttle is all you want and more but its very civilized it does what you want it too. You just have to get used to it, a little on the Busa is alot, but very controlable I had been on harleys' for the last 7 yrs and have loved the switch to the Busa. I never felt comfortable on a harley and just Read my below caption I LOVE MY BUSA and wouldn't switch, fell in love with the 99 copper and silver also, waited till this year to buy 05 blue and silver and damn I should have had one since 99 do not be scared of the Busa, Its a wonderful bike very comfortable, smooth, good for two up riding you will be very happy with the Busa if you can't tell we are. welcome to the board and go get the thing but we will want pics
cool.gif

The busa is a pussy cat below about 5500rpms. That's not the problem. The problem is that it makes even responsible 30somethings act like complete hooligans!

It's an evil bike in that you cannot really control yourself, at least not all the time. Hell I'll hit 170 tonight on the way home, it's a compulsion.... an addiction... this is the real EVIL of the Busa...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124863179 -->

Trip D I put a 100 miles a day on mine. It is a very well behaved bike. Buy it you'll like it!! No you'll LOVE it!!!!

Revlis scares me.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124830835 -->

Greetings and welcome!!
All of the above posts are true and correct.  I too ride a 2000 Electra Glide ( Funny how many of us ride both a Harley and tha Busa).  At any rate, the Busa can be ridden in a mild manner and is very enjoyable.  HOWEVER, grab a handfull and you will quickly realize what a rocket it really is!!!   If you respect what you have in your right hand, you should be OK.  If you get stupid and twist the grip without respect, the Busa wil bite you very hard and very quick!!!   That said, ENJOY!!!

Completely false..... The bike does what you want it to do.  The bike is fast.Period.  Any sportbike will get you in trouble.  A 600 will get you in trouble just like a Busa.  I love it.  You will too.
+1
The you are the one twisting your wrist. You just have to know how to control what follows.

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 23 2005) said:
Revlis scares me.
laugh.gif
He's just a pussy cat too.. an evil pussy cat, but a lovable one just the same~  
wink.gif

I've gotta agree with the majority here... get the Busa, you'll do just fine with the experience you have under your belt~ It's all about how you ride 'er~ It is, after all, a "sport touring" bike~ You can ride it like a tour bike.. or give it hell (like Revlis on his way home from work) like a sport bike~  
cool.gif

Be afraid.....be very afraid.

Seriously though, if you are responsible with the throttle you will enjoy everything this bike has to offer. FI bikes tend to have quicker throttle response than carb'd ones. At least that's what I noticed about it.

Fist off, I'm a new member, so hello to everyone.  I've ridden off and on for many years, mainly just your run of the mill street bikes.  I currently ride an '03 Electra Glide.  (I like comfortable highway riding).  But, I've always loved the Hayabusa, especially the '99 Copper and Silver.  Now I've got the opportunity to buy one at a good price.  Stumbled on this website while trying to research before I took the plunge.  Some of these posts have scared the crap out of me.  Is this bike such a monster that you cannot ride it at a relaxed pace?  Does even the slightest twist of the throttle cause this bike to launch into mach 1? Or is a controled motorcycle as long as you don't dump the throttle?  Thanks
Have an 03 Heritage and the Busa. As stkr00 said you'll swear something is wrong with the Harley. I keep trying to whip it like a pony hoping it'll go faster. I love both bikes. The Harley great for cruisen with the fellas for a few barley pops. The Busa is fun to ride. The speed is like a drug. Pick up the Busa you won't be sorry. You'll have the best of both world's. In addition, the busa is a really comfortable bike to ride.

I might as well chime in too. I also ride a Harley as well as the Busa. 97 street glide (I did it before Harley). But I must warn you, ever since I got the Busa, the Harley spends most of it's time covered up in the garage with the battery tender hooked up. The Busa is FUN to ride. And welcome to the board. Bob

Back