Read Stand Suggestions ...

SuzukiRider

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

Looking to get a rear stand for my bike that will arrive on Thursday and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

What would you recommend? What I should stay away from?

Any help would be appreciated.  
biggrin.gif

Thanks ...

~Simon

I recommend using the search function...

PitBull stands come highly recommended. Personnally I like this one I got for Suzuki for the rear and I have a pit bull for the front.

DSC03347.jpg

(Powers739 @ Mar. 13 2007,17:43) I recommend using the search function...

PitBull stands come highly recommended.  Personnally I like this one I got for Suzuki for the rear and I have a pit bull for the front.

DSC03347.jpg
Trust me ... I did. 11 pages & couldn't find alot of info on recommended rear stands ...

Thanks for the info BTW.

I have a pitbull forward facing rear stand. I like it, some say its hard to use, but I think it is easier than a rear facing one. I just received today a Redline front stand and have not used it yet but it seems to be very solid...and they are a board sponsor.

Someone put up a cycle cat the other day and said a 12 year old girl can operate it.

So take your choice.
all_coholic.gif

(RedlineStands @ Mar. 13 2007,18:06) http://www.redlinestands.com/feedback.htm

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344165

If there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

Ian Gilmore
Redline Engineering
www.redlinestands.com
901-351-4764
sales@redlinestands.com

P.S. Mr Motorcycles is also a board sponsor and one of our dealers.
Thanks for the info guys ... RedlineStands, thanks for the link to the post re: purchasing stands, great/helpful info there.
beerchug.gif

If money is no object, i'd go with cycle cat stand...

pit bulls are the balls but vortex makes a nice knockoff for less $$ available from kneedraggers.com and i had it in three days.

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 13 2007,19:02) If money is no object, i'd go with cycle cat stand...  
+1000 on the cyclecat. It's the cats meow (that was ugly
crazy.gif
)

I use Hindle Stands, both front and rear. They are not bad stands for the $ i paid for them. I got those before i found hayabusa.org. I would like to replace them sometime, but the wife is limiting me to $$ right now, considering all the stuff that i have bought for my trailer in the past 2 months
SHOCKED.gif

these are the ones I got
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/motorcycle-stand-stands-front-rear-bike-sport-pro-red-e_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQ
itemZ110101641031QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....1QQrdZ1</a>
about $100 TYD easy one man operation and very sturdy.

You talk to 10 people, you will get at least 5 opinions on stands. All will do the job, it just comes down to personal preference.

At our shop, we sell all sorts of stands. Redline, Lockhart and Pitbulls.

We sell more Redlines than all the others combined.

I have 3 Redlines myself, 2 fronts and 1 rear.

If I can help in any way, LMK.

Kevin
kevin@mrcycles.com

(vman1300 @ Mar. 14 2007,08:59) You talk to 10 people, you will get at least 5 opinions on stands. All will do the job, it just comes down to personal preference.

Kevin
kevin@mrcycles.com
Would you mind if I quoted you on my site with that?

Ian

(RedlineStands @ Mar. 14 2007,15:58)
(vman1300 @ Mar. 14 2007,08:59) You talk to 10 people, you will get at least 5 opinions on stands. All will do the job, it just comes down to personal preference.

Kevin
kevin@mrcycles.com
Would you mind if I quoted you on my site with that?

Ian
You know better than to have to ask.

See you in a month mang!

CycleCat's UCS-1. Doesn't get any better but they ARE pricey.

--Wag--

I've written down all this info ... I'll be hitting the local dealers tomorrow to see what they sell ... want to pick one up before the bike arrives tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the replies ...

Kevin
kevin@mrcycles.com
Just wondering why you have TWO for the rear ?
rock.gif

By the way I have a pit bull rear stand and need a front. Most of the stands on the market are pretty much the same. Just check out the gauge of the tubing . Redlines and pit bull stands seem to be the most popular.

Back