Re;Jinkster's "how to synch your busa"

SKYGZR

Registered
Ok, I think he left off a key element when doing this sync..one should remount (don't have to actually screw it back on, just refit) the air box when preforming the synch.
Without doing this, the air draw to the throttle bodies will not be properly metered. Seems that this would be the correct way to properly synch?

What is the "PAIR" supply hose? Does this have anything to do with the mod below?

So what's the main benefit of the "air box mod", the one that removes the diaphram, and plugs the hole?

All ears.....

Actually that would be incorrect because the tubes inside the airbox are different heights and are designed to create a different amount of flow to create power at different areas. When syncing you want all the throttle bodies be the same with zero resistance to cause change.

What is the "PAIR" supply hose? Does this have anything to do with the mod below?

So what's the main benefit of the "air box mod", the one that removes the diaphram, and plugs the hole?

All ears.....
They are related but you can do either one without the other.
The small air box mod removes the flapper inside the airbox allowing air to flow freely instead of being restricted. Easy mod to do.

Best to remove the entire pair system and install blockoffs.

I am curious, and honestly, I would like to learn. If you reseat the airbox, how do you get to the adjustment screws to actually perform the sync? Is there a special tool or something that you use? I have done a few syncs, and I honestly don't have any idea how you could do it with the airbox even partially installed. I am very interested in learning something new.

They are related but you can do either one without the other.
The small air box mod removes the flapper inside the airbox allowing air to flow freely instead of being restricted. Easy mod to do.
Best to remove the entire pair system and install blockoffs.

So what exactly is the "pair" system? and where are the blockoffs installed? I realize one must be on the nipple on the airbox.

So what exactly is the "pair" system? and where are the blockoffs installed? I realize one must be on the nipple on the airbox.

the blockoffs go just above the header and the pair system injects fresh air from the airbox into the exhaust to lean out the exhaust so that it passes emissions.

Back