RCS19 or RCS19 Corsa Corta Master Cylinder

Well I’m looking for the right price that I can’t pass up. Going to do the rcs19. Will find some 4pots later. Maybe off another bike that will bolt on. For now I attempted bleeding the master and this lil video is what I got.

That looks to me like the piston is sticking and not returning fully.
Not good.
Strip it and recheck the assembly is correct.
You did tighten the banjo bolt before you released the lever, right?

And yes, there is pie ;)

Went and dug the bike out. Only found 2 numbers on the MC...a small 6 and a large 16 on the top of the lever carrier. Of course the Brembo logo precedes these numbers

the large 16 should be the dia in "mm" of the pump´s piston ;-)
the original haya-brake-pump-piston is 5/8" ~ 16 mm
and it works fine at my fj1200 with entire hayabusa front fork.

the ducati / brembo radials i use have a dia of 17 mm - still usefull for street use
bigger (e.g. 19mm) is very dangerous up to deathifying - when over braking at the front wheel in a scary moment
on the other hand - on racetrack! the 19 is very usefull ;-)

the large 16 should be the dia in "mm" of the pump´s piston ;-)
the original haya-brake-pump-piston is 5/8" ~ 16 mm
and it works fine at my fj1200 with entire hayabusa front fork.

the ducati / brembo radials i use have a dia of 17 mm - still usefull for street use
bigger (e.g. 19mm) is very dangerous up to deathifying - when over braking at the front wheel in a scary moment
on the other hand - on racetrack! the 19 is very usefull ;-)
I run a RCS17 on the Busa , got a RCS19 for the ZX14R . I like the feel / feedback the RCS17 give , mated up to the black GP4RX , and the huge 330mm ductile iron rotors .
The Kawasaki will have the same calipers , but standard rotors for now , with the possibility of 330mm stainless rotors to follow .

Back