RCS19 or RCS19 Corsa Corta Master Cylinder

And it only took 25 days to get.

316339C3-AD91-4916-8C5D-726FE626EECB.jpeg

4AB04D16-0DC5-421F-ABE4-905DD7463B73.jpeg

I run a RCS17 on the Busa , got a RCS19 for the ZX14R . I like the feel / feedback the RCS17 give , mated up to the black GP4RX , and the huge 330mm ductile iron rotors .
The Kawasaki will have the same calipers , but standard rotors for now , with the possibility of 330mm stainless rotors to follow .
I see Berlin talking about how the bigger 19s are more aggressive / scary than the standard 16s. As I understand it the smaller the master cylinder piston the less pressure / more movement at the fingers and the more pressure at the callipers. So wouldn't we have to squeeze harder with 19s to get the same stopping power while the less leveraged system may provide better feel? Or have I got that backwards on the feel maybe and the lower pressure at the fingers offered by the 17s put the feedback into a more finger sensitive range. It looks like the people with the experience of swapping M/Cs in and out are saying sort of the opposite. Is it just that the 19s seem more grabby due to the initial rapid calliper movement maybe? I feel like I am missing something. If you were to do the Busa again would you maybe consider 17 CCs to dial in the initial bite of the 19s but the power / feel of the 17s?

The RCS17 is recommended for 30mm piston calipers , the RCS19 for 32mm pistons . I would use the rcs17 on 2013 + Busa . I actually had both the Busa and the ZX14R running the exact same discs 330mm/ 6mm Braketech Axis Iron rotors , and both bike were running the 32mm piston nickle GP4RX calipers . That Brembo caliper likes a 5.5mm disc , whereas , I ran 6mm . So , I decided to try RCS17 with the big piston caliper to get more feel , that you loose with that thicker disc , because caliper bites quicker with less lever travel . The result is more feel , from more lever travel and good overall feedback , still producing very strong braking power . But , with the ZX14R , with that exact setup except I chose the RCS19 Corsa Corta for extra adjustment , and to match up the caliper pistons . That setup is outstanding , for power , it is strong and feels about right for what is needed for stopping power . It still has nice amount of lever feel , but has superb braking power .

Back