RCS19 or RCS19 Corsa Corta Master Cylinder

SSGT_B

Registered
The price difference is about 100 from what I’m seeing. I will still need to come up with a fluid resavoir which I like the rizomas. Need an adapter kit cause I’m not buying new lines again. So general price breakdown 450-600 bucks all in. Any reason to pick one master over the other?

Adapter- 30
Rizoma cup - 100
Rizoma cup mount - 60
RCS 19 - 300
RCS 19 CC - 390

My brakes and money have me sick to my stomach atm.

The price difference is about 100 from what I’m seeing. I will still need to come up with a fluid resavoir which I like the rizomas. Need an adapter kit cause I’m not buying new lines again. So general price breakdown 450-600 bucks all in. Any reason to pick one master over the other?

Adapter- 30
Rizoma cup - 100
Rizoma cup mount - 60
RCS 19 - 300
RCS 19 CC - 390

@fallenarch and @ROADTOAD1340 have had both models and could probably provide some first hand experience review.

Well the Corsa Corte is a bit of a gimmick IMHO. It does work well and the feel of the brakes are different with the different selections. The street feels similar to the normal RCS MC (I don't know if the better feel is the MC of my improved brakes), the race setting feels more aggressive in initial bite. However unless you regularly track the bike, you'll probably setup the MC and never touch it again.

So having had and used both units, I would say if you are concerned about the cost difference then go with the standard RCS 19 as it is an excellent piece of kit that you will be very happy with. On the other hand, it's just $100 . . . lol!

07-08 R1 master only about 92 on fleabay. New lever 100 to match mine. The fluid cup. This is a much cheaper option. Will the 7-8 years work fine or is there a better one to choose from

Decisions damit. I hate them. Time for a drink and a slice of pie. It’s 5oclock somewhere
That one will work. Pretty much any R1 Brembo MC will work. They can be found with the fluid cup included.

Edit: I'll go see if I can find the part number on mine for you.

I opted for the RCS19 over the Corsa for the second Bus with smoked Brembo reservoirs, obviously work a lot better than oem and didn't see the need to spend the extra $$.

On the other hand,i have the Billet M/C on the LE and it bites even harder and more smooth over the 19. Pricing is $900 or so.

BTW: I don't want to give the impression that the Corse Corta is garbage, just that most people don't need the selector, and that is the main reason for buying it.

I say get the new RCS. You don't need problems here so why not make sure you have a great functioning MC and be done with it?

As for pie before 5?

Now the question becomes vendor. I’ve found the 19 for 290 online but I would rather support one of our vendors. Will research the R1 prices this morning as well
I haven’t looked lately but I saw R1 examples priced typically between $100-$150 last time I was looking. Double check on what I’m about to say next but I BELIEVE you could also use one off the R6 as well but it’s been awhile since I looked into that

Adapter- 30
Rizoma cup - 100
Rizoma cup mount - 60
RCS 19 - 300
RCS 19 CC - 390

I couldn’t believe the price tag on the masters that @faseljd sent me for his bike.

Adapter- 30
Rizoma cup - 100
Rizoma cup mount - 60
RCS 19 - 300
RCS 19 CC - 390

Remember the larger the bore the less braking power you get. Larger bore simply reduces the braking effort. If ya want more braking power you need to go to smaller bore on the brake master.

Back