RCS Clutch m/c hydraulic switch - I stand corrected.

ottafish

Registered
To All,
I owe an apology and stand corrected. I have had a hydraulic switch in my Brembo clutch m/c for a while and thought it was doing fine.
After getting a few random F1 codes and dropping the bike to the shop for some diag work, turns out all the codes thrown are in relation to the clutch switch making and breaking during normal riding.
It's only taking about 3mm of travel to actuate the switch and this can apparently happen over rough roads and resting my hand on the clutch lever when coming into a intersection or out giving it the beans and down shifting on corner approach.
So I offer my apologies to those to whom I swore my clutch wasn't doing all the random stuff others were talking about.

Now to put a manual switch on it..

Thanks ottafish. I have an Accosatto front brake MC waiting to be installed and I'm wondering now if I should figure out some kind of analog switch for the brake light? I may go with an Accassato clutch MC too if I like the brake.

Thanks ottafish. I have an Accosatto front brake MC waiting to be installed and I'm wondering now if I should figure out some kind of analog switch for the brake light? I may go with an Accassato clutch MC too if I like the brake.
If its a Gen 1 Hydraulic works fine, Gen2 must be a mechanical switch. Such as the one that i posted a long time ago, as well as sold one to Fallenarch

Thanks, @GIXERHP. Mine's a Gen2. I see some aftermarket lever switches on Ebay for about 5-6 bucks. In the time I would rig that up, I think I could MacGiver a small bracket for the OEM switch. Looks like the aftermarket mechanical switches don't come with any bracket. You probaly have to drill and tap a couple holes in the aftermarket MC to fasten a mechanical switch whether the switch is aftermarket or OEM.

Thanks, @GIXERHP. Mine's a Gen2. I see some aftermarket lever switches on Ebay for about 5-6 bucks. In the time I would rig that up, I think I could MacGiver a small bracket for the OEM switch. Looks like the aftermarket mechanical switches don't come with any bracket. You probaly have to drill and tap a couple holes in the aftermarket MC to fasten a mechanical switch whether the switch is aftermarket or OEM.
Here is the new one i found as well, Just ordered since my Master cylinders are ordered

Back