Raydog bites the dust!

It was the most epic battle in my life.....yea for a playday at the track.. no sir...it was war..... looking in the mirrors there's Raydog..sheez.. wave the checkers please... nope 2 more laps......best of all no one got hurt!! Oh my what a day it was.

Some people will do anything to get their Busa in a photograph! Glad you and bike are mostly ok. Take care of yourself there Buddy!:thumbsup:

What luck to get the pics of your crash! Glad to hear that neither one of you got hurt. Hope the bikes recover quickly:thumbsup:

Well here is a report on "the day after".....my body is generally sore but I'm not sure if it's because of the crash or hundreds of hard miles this week! (probably a little of both). Today (Friday) 11 of us went on the "three passes" ride up in the Sierras. When we started up Sonora Pass (west to east) we left 104 degrees and rode into 55 degrees, thunder, lightening and drenching rain, descending on a 17% one lane grade in heavy rain wearing my mesh jacket was so fun! (sarcasm).
THEN, to get home sooner I broke away from the group and got caught in a 3 mile long single file traffic jam on hwy 395 due to a freeking mud/flash flood! Then after 2 hours sitting in the line I realized my headlights didn't work on the Superbyke, it was 6:30 pm, dark with clouds and I was still 100 miles from home! SO, I headed off away from the mountains into agricultural land (in the middle of nowhere) and just pinned it! I covered 60 miles in about 1/2 hour. At the end of this high speed run (twilight) I ran into a BAJA 1000 type offroad race with hundreds of people leaning away from the highway on a fence (watching the race cars/trucks fly by). No one was on the highway except me so I downshifted and blasted by.....as I did so, all the people on the fence turned around and began cheering for me! (The Superbyke sounds very angry) I know, this is a weird story but it happened AND I only had to ride the last 5 miles to my house without lights (I turned on my emergency blinkers). I didn't think it was possible to equal yesterdays track day but I came close! I'm so tired and sore and I have to scrub my body to get off all the black dye that left my wet riding gear to bond to my skin! That's all for now. Doyle

Glad you came through as well as you did! Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen cocktails!

And like a true rider your eyes were pointed at your bike through the whole wreck. Glad your ok and the fact you didnt take your eyes off your bike during the wreck is hilarious. Ride safe bro.

Glad you and Stites are relatively alright! It is awesome to watch you guys on the track, and you and Pace Master are very entertaining! The GoPro stopped recording just before the crash!

Was at the track spectating, was so glad to see both Doyle and Scott walk away. Both Busas in need of repairs but proper safety gear save both guys from injury. And Doyle one word to describe the ride today was epic. We stopped for gas after you split from the group and started to head north on 395, they had the road closed by time we arrived so we doubled back over Molitor Pass arriving back in Reno around 7:40

glad you ok doyle.....one of these days scars gonna drag me out that way lol

Here are some pic's of Raydog and myself pre crash... Last lap of our epic battle...CHECK out doyles LEAN ANGLE.....these two pic's are less than a second away from on the ground.. he was trying to get inside me right there....whew....
WOW.. just saw the angle of his front tire....Holie Molie

NM1U5778.jpg

NM1U5779.jpg

Well here is a report on "the day after".....my body is generally sore but I'm not sure if it's because of the crash or hundreds of hard miles this week! (probably a little of both). Today (Friday) 11 of us went on the "three passes" ride up in the Sierras. When we started up Sonora Pass (west to east) we left 104 degrees and rode into 55 degrees, thunder, lightening and drenching rain, descending on a 17% one lane grade in heavy rain wearing my mesh jacket was so fun! (sarcasm).
THEN, to get home sooner I broke away from the group and got caught in a 3 mile long single file traffic jam on hwy 395 due to a freeking mud/flash flood! Then after 2 hours sitting in the line I realized my headlights didn't work on the Superbyke, it was 6:30 pm, dark with clouds and I was still 100 miles from home! SO, I headed off away from the mountains into agricultural land (in the middle of nowhere) and just pinned it! I covered 60 miles in about 1/2 hour. At the end of this high speed run (twilight) I ran into a BAJA 1000 type offroad race with hundreds of people leaning away from the highway on a fence (watching the race cars/trucks fly by). No one was on the highway except me so I downshifted and blasted by.....as I did so, all the people on the fence turned around and began cheering for me! (The Superbyke sounds very angry) I know, this is a weird story but it happened AND I only had to ride the last 5 miles to my house without lights (I turned on my emergency blinkers). I didn't think it was possible to equal yesterdays track day but I came close! I'm so tired and sore and I have to scrub my body to get off all the black dye that left my wet riding gear to bond to my skin! That's all for now. Doyle

This is a 61 Year old man that Lives the life that Most of Us Dream about.......................:bowdown:

Thats why I don't track my pristine streetbikes......I'll get a dedicated track beater for that :thumbsup:
Glad you walked away with minimal damage to bike and self tho Dog :beerchug:

Man, Sorry I missed this until now. I am glad you are OK and hate to see this happen. Doesn't look like it hurt the bike to bad. Those are some great pick and thanks for sharing.

Back