rather be a God or a Servant? think first...

Would you rather be a God or a Servant?

• God

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Servant

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • too deep for me, man! I'll sit this one out and enjoy the read

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
Those are the tools that Satan uses to cloud our judgment and effect our choices. What most people miss is that Gods laws are paradoxes. You want to be a leader, be a follower. You want more of something, give it away. You don't want to lose something, let it go.
he who is first shall be last and he who is last shall be first

I am both plus one more.

To my wife, I am an as&hole.:down:

To my employer, I am a servant.:please:

To my dog, I am a god.:kiss:

Those are the tools that Satan uses to cloud our judgment and effect our choices. What most people miss is that Gods laws are paradoxes. You want to be a leader, be a follower. You want more of something, give it away. You don't want to lose something, let it go.

yeah I dig the paradox part. seems to make NO SENSE to us, humanly. And that is just it.... even though gmmech07 states there is nothing inherently WRONG with having nice stuff [and I agree] how do we know even the nice stuff is not PARADOXICALLY taking us away from our true selves? true like giving servants? I guess, I am saying I think it is. Maybe even things we bill as nice are part of satan's deception...

ok... to be totally honest,,, I didn't mean for this thread to drop into the whole religious thang, I really just meant to analyze why we work so hard to become something we can never get to: godlikeism
not really going anywhere with all this, just coffee house round table chit chat :) Good points by all. :)

yeah I dig the paradox part. seems to make NO SENSE to us, humanly. And that is just it.... even though gmmech07 states there is nothing inherently WRONG with having nice stuff [and I agree] how do we know even the nice stuff is not PARADOXICALLY taking us away from our true selves? true like giving servants? I guess, I am saying I think it is. Maybe even things we bill as nice are part of satan's deception...

So you're saying that you don't think God ever blesses his children? You have a point when you say that they CAN take us away from our true selves, (or more truthfully, take us back to our natural selves, born in sin). But you also have to think about the fact that if you're heart isn't right to begin with, and you're only out to get more stuff for yourself: more money, nicer cars, houses, etc., then those things that you may be aquiring are probably not gifts as I mentioned earlier. Products of hard work, sure. But if your heart is right and you're thinking more about helping others and you give a decent amount, then they may very well be gifts from God for you to enjoy. There's also a point I need to make after having said that. Giving so you get is NOT having your heart right. Doing it because you honestly want to, and you have a genuine desire to use your means to help others is.

I believe God wants us to be blessed. You reap what you sow, later than you sow it, and more abundantly than you sow it. A farmer plants a handful of corn kernels, and God grows a corn stalk with may ears from it, each ear contains more kernels than the famer planted. What are you sowing? It doesn't matter if you believe or not the law is working. Amazing how many people sow grass seed, and expect to harvest corn.

Faith without work is dead. Work without faith is also dead. You need to do your part and have faith that God will do his.

Last edited:
I believe God wants us to be blessed. You reap what you sow, later than you sow it, and more abundantly than you sow it. A farmer plants a handful of corn kernels, and God grows a corn stalk with may ears from it, each ear contains more kernels than the famer planted. What are you sowing? It doesn't matter if you believe or not the law is working. Amazing how many people sow grass seed, and expect to harvest corn.

Faith without work is dead. Work without faith is also dead. You need to do your part and have faith that God will do his.

Very well said, sir. I agree 100%.

So you're saying that you don't think God ever blesses his children?

not at all. lets say, for a really stretched example:
I buy a Lamborgini Diablo because my business is doing well, I donate lots of cash to church and local, spend good amount of time volunteering to help people, am a good non-materialistic christian who wants to be a servant.... isn't simply OWNING a Lamborgini Diablo contrary to my beliefs? That is a purely selfishly motivated purchase because *I* wanted it. ANYTHING selfish is going in the other direction of being totally subserviant, and thus contrdicting my own philosophy of giving myself away. Isn't it? With that money I could have bought 20 cars for some people that really needed them or built a couple homes for families in need. Like I said, that is a stretch of an example, and not even valid in today's world and viewpoint.

While I dont believe in any higher beings, I would choose to be "god" in the sense of the word. I could sit here and give the "unselfish and humble" response and say servant but im being honest, and seriously, who really strives to be a servent. I was a Marine,not to serve my country or my neighbor, but because I grew up wanting to be a Marine,plain and simple,I felt no duty to anyone or anything,this is my life and i live it for me and my family. as a"god" everything would be in my control and life would be how I wanted it to be for me and the ones I love. as a "GOD" i could "SERVE" the ones I love to the best of my abilities. as a servent I'd be at the mercy of someone else and couldnt possibley provide the same service for family and loved ones.

not at all. lets say, for a really stretched example:
I buy a Lamborgini Diablo because my business is doing well, I donate lots of cash to church and local, spend good amount of time volunteering to help people, am a good non-materialistic christian who wants to be a servant.... isn't simply OWNING a Lamborgini Diablo contrary to my beliefs? That is a purely selfishly motivated purchase because *I* wanted it. ANYTHING selfish is going in the other direction of being totally subserviant, and thus contrdicting my own philosophy of giving myself away. Isn't it? With that money I could have bought 20 cars for some people that really needed them or built a couple homes for families in need. Like I said, that is a stretch of an example, and not even valid in today's world and viewpoint.

If God blesses you and let's you drive one of His Lamborgini Diablos, that isn't materialistic. Doing non-Christian things to obtain the Lamborgini because you value the car more than God is materialistic. Worshiping the car is materialistic. Thinking its your Lamborgini is materialistic. I'm sure if you are blessed with one it's because you are already a blessing to many others. Not that people can't get one without it being a blessing from God, but they have to worry about how long it will be theirs.

Last edited:
I like the story in Genisis where God sounds like he is either talking to peers or angels. After the fall of man in the garden of Eden; God proclaims: We must not let them (Adam 'n Eve) eat of the fruit of the tree of life or they will become like us. So what does that say about our potential?

Well to be honest I would rather be a servant.

First off you did not specify in which way you are referring to being a "God". If you mean to be an all powerful being such as God himself.. then no I would not nor could not do that. If you are in fact referring to a "God" as a person that others consider you supremely excellent at certain tasks that you can perform. IE: programming god, motorcycle riding god.

Secondly you did not specify the type of servant you are referring to. it could be one that waits hand and foot on others to be at their beck and call, or as you suggested a person that works/serves under another. Or another way you suggested could be one that teaches and helps others.

Now here is the real thought provoking part... There is only 1 TRUE reason I would like to be a servant over a "God". its rather simple. If I choose to be a servant then I am serving because that is what I wish to do. Being a Servant that loves his/her position in life will have those that "Follow" them, in certain aspects.

However, those who wish to be a "God". They are in fact unwillingly servant's to others, that ONLY have followers when the "God" is serving them. If the "God" chooses NOT to server they have only themselves as the Followers quit believing or thinking said person is a "God" since they are not being served.

So in short.
A "God" is a person that either doesn't want to serve or thinks they are to good to serve, but is still a servant due to themselves wishing to be a "God" or in simple terms. A "God" only has friends when the "God" is doing things for them.

While a Servant is a person who chooses to serve and thus is "Godly". or in simple terms. A Servant has friends whether they server/help them or not.

Back