rather be a God or a Servant? think first...

Would you rather be a God or a Servant?

• God

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Servant

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • too deep for me, man! I'll sit this one out and enjoy the read

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
i picked 3. hopefully if i was a servant i would be serving a good God but what if I dont. So then I think just be a God then I dont have to worry about it. But then I think I'd never get any sleep??? Then I was thinking I hope the Ibprofren is in the cabinet

Huh? What was that? Huh? :dunno:

You need more than ibuprofen. I'm thinking injection.

r8

in the long run, you always get farther ahead by helping others achieve their goals than trying to step on them to move up...the people who helped Bill Gates and Sam Walton achieve their successes became very wealthy in the process...whoever will put themselves last and try to help another will always reap the benefits at the end of the day

think about those who are respected the most on this forum for instance, they tend to be the ones who are always willing to pitch in a $1, a little help, or a word of encouragement or welcome...i believe that is what makes this place the #1 board in the world :beerchug:

As Revv said, if you're a god, you're a servant. Great leaders are servants of their followers. If you're the owner of a company, you are providing jobs for various people in your employ. They rely on you and they are a responsibility to you and should be taken very seriously. If you screw up, they lose their livelihood. Granted, you reap your rewards for that responsibility and that is a good thing, to be sure.

In order for you to do the greatest good, it's incumbent upon you to assume the greatest possible power. And that, of course, means you'll assume great responsibility as well. Very important not to separate the two.

To be a god is more than just a pile of perks. It requires a great deal of care, concern, compassion, etc. It's not just a lark.

--Wag--

Well stated, Wag, and everyone. but I see attempts to by people to better themselves by passing or stepping on other people, in buisness, politics, sports, love, churches, families.... so, everyone ELSE is missing this basic philosophical principle?

I just think working to achieve God-like status is backwards. Yet we are all doing it. Why is that? Our upbringing/training?

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." I heard that somewhere, but the responses here seem to drive that point home.

Well stated, Wag, and everyone. but I see attempts to by people to better themselves by passing or stepping on other people, in buisness, politics, sports, love, churches, families.... so, everyone ELSE is missing this basic philosophical principle?

I just think working to achieve God-like status is backwards. Yet we are all doing it. Why is that? Our upbringing/training?

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." I heard that somewhere, but the responses here seem to drive that point home.

What's the old saying? "No man is an island?" It's impossible to be successful at anything of merit unless you have the support of other people.. They can be forced, coerced, manipulated, etc and support you or you can recruit them and lead them honorably, all the while looking out for their best interests along the way. Which on a man chooses to use is a mark of his intent and character.

--Wag--

To be a God would be to behave Godlike in all ways, at all times, and in all things.
That is what I aspire to.

this may be true but isn;t our entire life designed around trying to become a God? trying to be on top, be more, get more, do more, be the best, provide more, climb the ladder, get to the top of the heap, win the rat race, beat the clock, win the game, etc? Does that mean we are living wrong?

this may be true but isn;t our entire life designed around trying to become a God? trying to be on top, be more, get more, do more, be the best, provide more, climb the ladder, get to the top of the heap, win the rat race, beat the clock, win the game, etc? Does that mean we are living wrong?

Don't necessarily think so. As long as those goals don't control us we can still be servants and in God's will. Being a Christian I believe Matthew 6 thirty-three in NT is the key.

Last edited:

I would say it does. But just like everything it is a choice we make.
Posted via Mobile Device

you mean there is an option? we are TRAINED to beat the next guy starting with preschool games

With God there is no "top", or "getting more".
There just "is".
Like the saying "less is more".
There is no "destination" but only a journey.
Holy men (for instance Gandhi) were not after any of the things you quoted.
They shed a lot of their personal possessions and material desires and took a different path, which in my opinion is the “Godlike” path.
The path you have quoted is the path of the other guy.
Being “Godlike” is giving, caring, compassion, sharing, self sacrifice, humility, honesty, generosity, unselfishness, fairness, forgiveness, being truth, and most of all LOVE.
If it isn’t about LOVE, it doesn’t have anything to do with being “Godlike”
JMO

for some reason I was thinking serpent and i started to snake around with all the ladies...LOL

First, PLEASE STOP capitalizing "god" when talking about trying to be a god. The ONLY time it's capitalized is when refering to diety. (as in the one and only true God. . . In heaven) Secondly. . . You are in part right, and in part wrong. Do we do the things you're talking about? Working to be the best, get the most, make the most money, have the biggest house, etc, etc? Yes, nearly everyone does. However, that's not our purpose in life. Is it nice? Sure. Is it wrong? No. The thing that makes those things wrong is when you let them run your life or we develope a love for money (money is not the root of all evil. The LOVE of money is). Money in itself is not a bad thing. It's when money is your sole concern that it becomes a bad thing. If you have a lot of money does that make you a bad person? No. It's the attitude that goes along with it. Are there people out there that believe they are better than those of lesser social status? Sure there are. But if you use your wealth to not only better yourself and get you more toys and more "stuff"; but also use it to help others, then it's a wonderful gift. As long as you love the giver more than the gift, then money can be an amazing thing.

Those are the tools that Satan uses to cloud our judgment and effect our choices. What most people miss is that Gods laws are paradoxes. You want to be a leader, be a follower. You want more of something, give it away. You don't want to lose something, let it go.

Back