rather be a God or a Servant? think first...

Would you rather be a God or a Servant?

• God

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Servant

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • too deep for me, man! I'll sit this one out and enjoy the read

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Would you rather be a God or a Servant?
This might be kind of a trick question depending on many levels or perspective.

So think carefully before you answer. There is no right answer, only fruit for discussion here.

I would think most people deep down would pick God because that is what our lives are designed to do: make us great, give us more power, make us higher than others. Our jobs, our position in social status family and friends, usually puts us in a place to keep growing bigger and better and if you are not doing this, you are failing to be all you can be. But there is a lot of pressure and responsibility being God and a lot to keep track of. Ask any parent. :) And our humbleness makes us not want to pick God, because then we are being selfishly pigheaded and pius. but still we live to act like a Gods

However, most of us spend our entire lives SERVING others by position and maybe choice. You work for others, or provide service or stuff for others. You might help kids do things, or family or friends. Our whole lives serving others. And when you DO serve others, usually it makes you feel very good inside. That can be a great, life purpose giving thing. So, we maybe don't like the sound of always being a sevant, but it is more fullfilling? How backwards is that?

Just some points to Consider.

God or Servant? Which would you rather be?

Jesus walked this earth as a servant. He served all of mankind as He was crucified on the cross.

A true leader, is always a servant first.

i picked 3. hopefully if i was a servant i would be serving a good God but what if I dont. So then I think just be a God then I dont have to worry about it. But then I think I'd never get any sleep??? Then I was thinking I hope the Ibprofren is in the cabinet

i picked 3. hopefully if i was a servant i would be serving a good God but what if I dont. So then I think just be a God then I dont have to worry about it. But then I think I'd never get any sleep??? Then I was thinking I hope the Ibprofren is in the cabinet

:laugh:

I would rather be a servant, less stress and can concentrate on just making everyone around me happy. If they are happy, then that makes me happy. :thumbsup:

but don't we fight our whole lives to be God's of our little domain?

That would depend on your perception. To lord over something is different than being a God.

In my little world of Aaron, I like to be in total control of everything that happens. I know that can not happen though. First of all, I am the father of two daughters. I live in a house with 3 ladies. It's a house over run with estrogen which says I can not do anything through my own strength. I have to lean and rely on God. :laugh:

There is a difference in fighting to obtain something, and already having it. To become God is something that we will never gain. Lucifer, better known as satan, made the mistake of desiring God's throne. The created will never be greater than the Creator.

God has control; we look to gain it.
God is the sole Creator; we use His creation to build and invent.

In being a servant, God has shown us that He has complete and total control. God did not abandon us, even though we abandon Him. He chose to love, serve, and forgive in order to restore a relationship that we destroyed. That is a true servant.

It's a house over run with estrogen which says I can not do anything through my own strength. I have to lean and rely on God. :laugh:

that line slayed me! :laugh:

So, why are we working so hard then? To best the next guy, achieve more better faster and more power. Doesn't make sense. Are we running backwards, looking forward at the finish line that is getting further away no matter what? Are we all walking oxymorons?

that line slayed me! :laugh:

So, why are we working so hard then? To best the next guy, achieve more better faster and more power. Doesn't make sense. Are we running backwards, looking forward at the finish line that is getting further away no matter what? Are we all walking oxymorons?

Now you are getting deep.

In simple terms; we are all people with a free will.
No one alive was created to do nothing. We all have a purpose. The end, so to speak, with this purpose revolves around people and relationships. The term, "no man is an island" is correct. The problem is that in our work to better life and work together, we become competitive. Pride becomes the driving force, and we elevate self over others based on what others may or may not think.

To become better than another person is not something that anyone can ever really achieve. It is an illusion that we have imposed upon ourselves. When you die, nothing you have here; status, money, possessions, will go with you. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul? The answer, not a thing.

that is how I see things too. I'm also wondering what other's perspective on this might be?

God has no stress or worries, he know all that is, and that is to come. He giveth, and he taketh away. There is no power in all the universe more powerful than his. Amen.

God has no stress or worries, he know all that is, and that is to come. He giveth, and he taketh away. There is no power in all the universe more powerful than his. Amen.

:thumbsup:

Now you are getting deep.

In simple terms; we are all people with a free will.
No one alive was created to do nothing. We all have a purpose. The end, so to speak, with this purpose revolves around people and relationships. The term, "no man is an island" is correct. The problem is that in our work to better life and work together, we become competitive. Pride becomes the driving force, and we elevate self over others based on what others may or may not think.

To become better than another person is not something that anyone can ever really achieve. It is an illusion that we have imposed upon ourselves. When you die, nothing you have here; status, money, possessions, will go with you. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul? The answer, not a thing.

Do we become competitive or are we taught that the only way to achieve more material gain is through competition. I agree that the notion of competition for material gain is an illusion. It is also contrary to the teaching of Jesus.

Back