Rash of crashes in the news lately

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Seems as though each time I go to check the news online, there is a new motorcycle crash/death headline....I counted 6 this morning already....

One guy in Montreal died this morning when he was passing 2 trucks, lost control and got hit by an oncoming truck....ouch!

Insurance premiums will probably go through the roof next season...

Seems as though each time I go to check the news online, there is a new motorcycle crash/death headline....I counted 6 this morning already....

One guy in Montreal died this morning when he was passing 2 trucks, lost control and got hit by an oncoming truck....ouch!

Insurance premiums will probably go through the roof next season...
Wonder what's up? Pretty much normal here. but we always have a lot of accident with motorcycles in my area.

Properly people coming out of winter hibernation when there skills are a bit rusty it happens here to people get excited and make errors when the weather gets warmer :thumbsup:

200.gif

Looks like the guy in the video above over braked and locked the front wheel.

Personally I think many motorcyclist are their own worst enemy when it comes to motorcycle skills and especially awareness.

I went riding last Sunday with about 10 other riders that my son rides with. I had not ridden with any of these guys before. Being a much younger crowd than me I knew I would be seeing some bad habits based on my general observation and judgement on how some of them were dressed for the street.

Right out of the gate from the gas station where we gathered and driving through town 2 of them are doing wheelies for a block or more. I thought... can't you wait until we are in a more rural setting where you are much less likely to start attracting attention from sources that see you or don't see you coming... not to mention law enforcement?

I don't particularly like riding in groups over 5 riders anyway. My son invited me but I didn't know how many would ride that day.

Other than that they were tailgating cars and each other. I stayed at the rear of the pack much of the time and just observed. Once out in the open we had a decent ride and some short blast on the throttle here and there as spaces opened up and traffic was minimal. They all seemed pretty capable of handling the drive without scaring me with a few exceptions like lane changing lanes and not looking for somebody following to close. I was definitely the oldest guy there and a few commented on the way I drive... composed... was the word the guy on the 1000 Gixxer used... Both him and his girl on the back were leathered up nicely and he also had the 360 camera on a stick pointing 3 ft to the rear. One guy had Gen 2 Busa and he got to show me how much faster his bike was as compared to my Concours... we tried higher gear roll ons and the results were the same. lol ! I got to get my Gen 1 back together for the salvaging of my ego! lol ! His 09 Gen 2 was a hand me down from his Dad and was missing both fairings, had no muffler, and was dirty. Kind of a shame to see it looking so rough...

Ironic you should bring this up today @RedBull ,I just read where a lady in her late 40s who crashed her bike is suing the city as she crashed due to a crack on the street...

It was reported she is a very experienced rider with a racing pedigree and lost control of her motorcycle (it looked like a VStar in the pictures) when her front tire caught a crack. The only protective gear she was wearing was a helmet (a soup bowl style) and she suffered multiple road rash injuries.

I should have taken a picture of the "crack" as it is actually at the extreme edge of the pavement and is more of a broken off section then an actual crack...I could have hit it with the Bumblebee and not crashed.

It led me to believe this lady didn't have the experience she was saying and that she riding in a spot riders don't normally ride in (extreme right side of the road).

Back