raptor shift light issue

Dark3

Registered
So I just installed this single stage raptor shift light. From what I gather stock motor makes power till about 10400 and the tach reads near 1k high. So I set the light dials at 5600 to have a 200 shift cushion.(You set half the desired rpm on the dials) Haven't had much time to ride but did have a brief opportunity to dig into the red yesterday while on a slow group ride (Army check ride) (I'm the mc mentor for my unit), anyway id say I had to hit at least 11500 with no light. So testing it, dials set at 2000 I get a light at about 4300. Light set at 5300 I get a light right past 10000. Sitting in my driveway revving the piss out of the bike is the last thing I want to do. With a neutral and clutch kill at 11000 I believe and the dials set at 5400 I cant get a light in neutral. Any thoughts or anybody with a stock motor gen 2 and a raptor light what are you settings? btw connections are all good soldered and sealed and use the pick up in the harness on the left side behind the nose. And I will get out and do some more road tests but I have to get this log box pro finished up first.

20150830_215927775_iOS.jpg

Maybe an easier question, does the rpm pickup wire (yellow w blue tracer) read actual or optimistic like the tach?

Resolved issue. Wire shows actual to light. Set light to 10400 to allow time to shift at around 10600. I think my tach is only off around 400 btw. Kinda low compared to most

Back