rappers in the rock and roll hall of fame??

Supergank1

Registered
why do they put rappers and rap music in the rock and roll hall of fame?? i just don`t get it? i have nothing against rap music but i just don`t get this..i just don`t see ll cool j next to black sabbath..lol anyone feel this way?

Is rap music? I thought it was poetry (of sorts) to a hard beat.

these rappers have done rock and roll music and those songs have been number one at some point and also have broke sales records, so even though they are not rock and roll bands, they have contributed to some of the fame....it does seem like it needs a new name to say the least???

why do they put rappers and rap music in the rock and roll hall of fame?? i just don`t get it? i have nothing against rap music but i just don`t get this..i just don`t see ll cool j next to black sabbath..lol anyone feel this way?

I love rap, especially the early music and I love rock an roll. I agree with you maybe in the Music Hall of fame but not the Rock an Roll Hall of fame :laugh:

I love rap, especially the early music and I love rock an roll. I agree with you maybe in the Music Hall of fame but not the Rock an Roll Hall of fame :laugh:
yea i am a rocker but i like some of the old rap stuff to, i just thought this didn`t make sense..maybe they just need a name change??

All in pursuit of the almighty $$ probably more "rappers" than "rockers" willing to pay to see a bunch of has-beens? :whistle:

Snoop Dog along side Hendrix? Now, where the heck is Danny Partridge at? am sure he was over here near Stevie Ray Vaughn...

but really, I am sure they need to change with the times and introduce the "new" to the old... gotta have visitors to keep the doors open and as more of the old rockers die off, so do the revenues.. How many "Bee Bop" museums are around?

Last edited:
Madonna is in the Rock-n-roll hall of fame. She is about as rock-n-roll as these other guys. Can't wait for Hannah Montana to get in. Rock-n-roll ain't what it used to be, you know when it rocked!

You must not know music if you can't figure out why rappers are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...History is that soul music created Rock and Roll,which lyrically has rap housed in it listen to a rock song sometimes and theres rap in it...A bar has to have meaning and 90 % of the time the words rhyme in it be it soul,rock,hard rock,or jazz..They all originated from 1 their just for different genre of people....The net is powerful and alot is written that has never been told or spoken,take a houur one day and do some searching you'll be surprised about music...alot was stolen and used with out credit to the originators...

You must not know music if you can't figure out why rappers are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...History is that soul music created Rock and Roll,which lyrically has rap housed in it listen to a rock song sometimes and theres rap in it...A bar has to have meaning and 90 % of the time the words rhyme in it be it soul,rock,hard rock,or jazz..They all originated from 1 their just for different genre of people....The net is powerful and alot is written that has never been told or spoken,take a houur one day and do some searching you'll be surprised about music...alot was stolen and used with out credit to the originators...
guess i don`t know anything about music then??? maybe i should quit playing it every weekend?? :duh:

coz not enough rockn roll musicians maybe??? when they run outta rappers, who knows maybe Pavarotti will be in next!

I heard LL is going to run for President next. He may win.. :rofl:

he couldnt do much worse :whistle: at least he will make sure the schools dont loose their arts/music courses that seem to be disappearing at an alarming rate around the country

Back