Rap Artist In a Heap of trouble

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Willie D -- one-third of the Geto Boys -- was arrested Wednesday for alleged wire fraud. Born Willie James Dennis, the rapper turned businessman was apprehended by federal authorities at Bush Intercontinental Airport. According to US Attorney Tim Johnson, Dennis was charged in connection "with his purported sales of iPhones through a company known as Texas One Wireless."

Dennis allegedly pretended to be an electronic salesman, using Ebay to sell the phones internationally. Once a customer showed interested in purchasing an iPhone, Dennis directed them to complete the sale through email correspondence. After customers transferred the funds into his bank account they were sent tracking numbers but never actually received the phones.

After receiving several complaints, Dennis informed customers that the "mix-up" was not his fault and that he filed claims with the U.S. Postal Service. Additionally, he told them that he was unable to process their refund until he was able to track down the merchandise. Eventually Dennis would cut off all correspondence with customers and pocket their money. The investigation into the wire fraud began after a disgruntled customer contacted law enforcement.

Best known as a member of the Houston-based group, Willie D started Relentless Music Ventures in 2006. If convicted, D faces up to 20 years in prison plus a $250,000 fine.

{source} Geto Boys' Willie D Faces 20 Years in Prison for iPhone Scam - The Boombox Music Blog box.com%2F2009%2F05%2F15%2Fgeto-boys-willie-d-faces-20-years-in-prison-for-iphone-scam%2F

I guess the following applies.. "You can take the Thug outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the thug"
What a shady lowlife bastid!

it's ashame they make all that money and piss it away on thumb stuff
And then rip people off. He should get 20
Posted via Mobile Device

It's ashame AMERICA passes judgement before a man has his day in court..Wow...Lotta innocent folks already in jail for AMERICANS thinking this way...I hope none of you ever get in trouble..Truly Sad...

Last edited:
Sounds like what happened to devil dog when he purchased an oil cooler from a "salesman" online.

the geto boys rocked many house parties in the 90's. i have even seen rock bands cover their stuff.

goldenchild is getting deep. I can dig it

It's ashame AMERICA passes judgement before a man has his day in court..Wow...Lotta innocent folks already in jail for AMERICANS thinking this way...I hope none of you ever get in trouble..Truly Sad...

Well, the best way to avoid getting arrested is to NOT ASSOCIATE WITH CRIMINALS!

I agree that he will see his day in court and will get to tell his side, as he should. I wouldnt jump on the bandwagon and say "I hope they fry him" etc.

But they've charged him, and lets hope justice is done after the facts come out.

Willie D hasn't had a record I can remember for at least 10 years, last I heard he was boxing hope he invested that Gheto boy money from the 90's.

Oh and for those that don't know a lot of these dudes rapping are college grads or come from nice homes, it's a few that actually use to be on the block but for the most part they sell and market the ridicoulous image the corp suits tell them to because the suburban kids love it.

Like most things if it bleeds it leads so you will always here about the 1% and not the other guys that flip music into many positive ventures or the artist who's music is still geared towards the original direction of hip hop which was fun, social awarness, economic power and being a voice for the unheard, the way it was before the Time Warners and other big companies realized it was a gold mine they could tap into.

Last edited:
Back