Ran My New Hayabusa agains My old 2002 R1

GSX1300RSILVER

Registered
First off we were doing roll ons.
Here is what we did, Sixth My old R1 ran off and left me.
Then in Third at 70mph My old R1 made me sick as it walked away instantly moving ahead gaining a bike legnth ever second or two.
Then in second at 70mph My old R1 jumped instantly ahead for an instant, then I got even neck & neck until he hit the rev limiter.
Sickening : Needless to say I weigh a little more than the guy on my stock old 2002 R1. But hey I thought this Busa was better at this, is the Hayabusa more hype in reality? I am begining to think so.
I should not need to mod my Busa to stay with an R1!!
I am bummed.
I cant say it would be much different after break in, right now I have 500 miles on the busa, I changed the oil at 139miles 10w40 suzuki oil, not synth.
Now I am pissed, and planning on Full system & power commander, and 6.8 K T.R.E. Mod. maybe even new chain & sprockets.
A lot of money just to get by my old R1....effnay man!

no kidding. that sucks. my o2 beats my buds r1 daily .but then he cant ride worth a shiet.you have another busa around to compare with ?

OK, I really did not want to hear that.  Considering I am looking to buy something real soon and I never even thought of the R1.

Why would you start roll-ons in the same gear, and not the same speed? I don't know what the gearing is on the R1, but I would pretty much guarantee that it's different to the Busa which means you're kind of making an apples/oranges comparison.

If you were both doing roll-ons at the same speed in the best gear, I imagine you would smoke the R1 all day long.

You have the better bike when it comes to straight-line acceleration.

I do roll-ons with R-1's and GSXR-1000's all the time and my Busa always wins. I am -1 up front and +2 in the back sprocket...no engine work yet but the gearing gets them all the time! I am 6-3 220 and am usually the heaviest dude when we ride. Change your gearing and you will have no problem against an R-1!

Yeah, I saw this same post over on

Its all in the way you ride. When I first bought my '03 Busa, I came off a 9R, and I would have to wind up that 9R to get it to do what the Busa could do. I never really "HIT IT" on the Busa until recently... All I can say is you better have a course plotted before you twist it all the way... (like in 2nd and 3rd).... 6000 RPMS will feel like redline sometimes, but you've got 5000k more to go.... its a different bike, and that R1 won't have enough to hold the Busa.

Somethings seriously wrong here, I've been against three different R1's and they absolutely suck, they're not even close.
I raced them down a section of very winding highway for over half an hour, I had a hard time against them in the corners, but stayed right there with them, then in the straights passed them like a schoolgirl on a tricycle.

Might want to get your bike dyno'd. Stock busa should make between 150 - 160 hp. If your cam chain is off a tooth, you can lose 40 or 50 hp. Get it checked!

Might want to get your bike dyno'd.  Stock busa should make between 150 - 160 hp.  If your cam chain is off a tooth, you can lose 40 or 50 hp.  Get it checked!
And here is what it will look like if it is wrong. Mine was wrong from when they did the recall on the cam chain tensioner.
dynorun.jpg

:quote: Why would you start roll-ons in the same gear, and not the same speed? I don't know what the gearing is on the R1, but I would pretty much guarantee that it's different to the Busa which means you're kind of making an apples/oranges comparison.

If you were both doing roll-ons at the same speed in the best gear, I imagine you would smoke the R1 all day long.

You have the better bike when it comes to straight-line acceleration. :quote:

Had a brain fart about the gearing. Thanks for the kick in the a$$ juggler.

My Buddy has a ZX9 with a bore kit to 1000 and Nitrous airshifter stretched etc. Without the Nitrous 4th 5th and 6th gear he can roll away from me. 3rd Iwe are even then he shifts to 4th I am still in 3rd he shifts to 5th I am still in 3rd finnaly I shift to 4th as he is way behind me I let up. Stock gearing on the Busa is wicked tall. Try same RPM roll ons like him 50MPH you 50MPH find a gear that has about equal RPMs either way the TRE will help you in 1st and 2nd maybe 3rd I dont remember.

I think RSILVER is trolling... And you guys are biting!

Sheesh...

I've had a couple run-ins with R1s (and comparable bikes) and they are never a prob. Not even close!

I think RSILVER is trolling... And you guys are biting!

Sheesh...

I've had a couple run-ins with R1s (and comparable bikes) and they are never a prob. Not even close!
No, I am not a troll.
But I am a new Hayabusa owner.
And I will try the suggested " same RPM vs same RPM"
Then first gear at 50mph.
Then 0 to 150mph.
I am hopefull, And I dont think there are any timing chain problems, because it pulls as hard or harder from zero miles an hour and up.

By buddy and I do roll on's and top speed runs all the time...I own the Busa...he owns gsxr-1000. Weight differance does matter...I weigh 215 he is 165...swap bikes he still pulls away. Not by much, but you can tell the differance...a bike or two @ the drags I ran a 10.69.. he ran a 10.58...Overall it must matter

Busa does 83 in first,100 something in 2rd, and a true Gps reading in 3rd equals an amazing 129....and three gears to go.
If at true redline in fifth..184...stock gearing....I know a R1 isn't slow..but 129 in third..I don't think so...stock for stock or maybe a pipe....Busa rocks..
rock.gif

Why would you start roll-ons in the same gear, and not the same speed?  I don't know what the gearing is on the R1, but I would pretty much guarantee that it's different to the Busa which means you're kind of making an apples/oranges comparison.

You have the better bike when it comes to straight-line acceleration.
Juggler is right the Busa has a really tall gear(For the top end). When you are doing 80 mph in stock gearing you are probably 2000 to 2500 rpm's lower you need to run the bike when they are both in the power band. That is when you will see the differance. Remember they never ask you how you won only if you won.

GSX1300RSilver it is not the bike it is YOU! I bet that if you swap bikes he will smoke you on your r-1, You said you are a new busa owner well learn your new bike and also you said you were neck and neck until he hit the rev limiter well what happened after that ? Did you shut down or shift? Were you approaching your rev limiter before you shifted? just because you are riding a busa does not mean you can't lose to a lesser bike especially IF YOU the busa pilot does not know what he is doing? You must be in your (the busa's) power band, gain some seat time on the busa and then you won't be getting beat by nothing but another busa

after you get some more seat time, and learn where your power band is, then run your r-1 with the same rider who beat you, and do this before you add any mod's, and you will see a busa doe not need any mods what so ever to outrun an r-1, and then post the results because inquiring minds what to know

You guys who point out the gearing and sprocket ratio are correct in my opinion. The Busa is tall geared because it makes so much more power. You can either have more top end or more acceleration with that torque. Suzuki set up the Busa to hit 200 MPH. They could have dropped the front sprocket a tooth or two and made the Busa quicker but it would have lowered the top speed. If you change up the sprockets to accelerate more quickly, the R1 will not have a chance. That would make it a more "apples to apples" comparison. In other words, change the sprockets until they both top out at the same speed and the Busa will out pull anything at any time. I hope you can keep the front end down though.

Back