Ran a car that was actually fast today.

First of all I didn't mean to start a car debat here! I never said a cobra couldn't have 800 hp I just have a hard time believeing that a 800 hp power car could be beat that easily. Maybe it wasn't that easy and when I read the original post I misintupreted it! the 184 mph monaro with 394 hp is documented in a magazine (granted don't believe everything you read!) Why would GM speed govern the GTO at 158 then the car top out at 160? The cover car of March 05 GM hi-tech is a turbo regal with less then 800 hp and runs 8's. Go to the Buick shootout in Gowling Green KY. you can see plenty of GN's and T-types that run 8's to 6's and are streetable. Enough about cars though that was never my point!!!

All of that doesn't make me believe a busa could pull away that easily from an 800 plus HP. car unless the busa has the same equivilent in mods!
Have you actually tried this? A friend of mine had a 95 Supra TT, 352 rwhp, it would eat 600's like they were in reverse, but only in a roll on. From a dead stop, bike beats car almost every time. If you ain't catching the car very quickly during a roll-on, he's packing many ponies. You've got no speed limits in Montana right? Find the fastest car in town and try for yourself. You will be amazed how fast you can eat up a car that you (or the ownwer) think is fast. If however you run across a car putting anything over 300 horse to the ground, you better pack a lunch  
lurk.gif
I don't claim to be an authority on any of this, but I know what I've done.
That no speed limit thing was several years ago and I didn't live here then.

Nice car to kill! but I don't believe that dyno sheet for a second!!!! An 05 GTO has about 360 ponies to the ground and runs 12's in the 1/4 and wieghs 3700lbs. and the speed limiter is set at 164mph but new goats w/o the limiter have already been up to 198mph completely stock!!!!! on closed courses!!!
So if that guy has over 800 ponies at the rear wheels and is getting traction and your bike is relatively stock I think you would have been watching his tail lights!!! with traction and 800 horses Buick GN's turn 6's in the 1/4. So either that thing is tuned way wrong he burnt off $50 off each tire or hes just blowing smoke and showing you a dyno to some race car!!! Just my 2 cents
There is no way a 800hp GN can run 6's. WAKE up. Chris Chow over here is over a 1000rwhp and running 7.9-8.0's. To be in the 6's it is going to take like 2000 hp and alot of suspension work. As far as the 05 GTO stock (from what I have seen) they are hitting 13.1-13.2's.

I just realized another mistake I made in my first post here! I took for granted that that dyno sheet was a chasis dyno and that there was no NOS used durig the dyno run. If these were not the conditions then I started all this mistakenly! I apologize again.

Nice car to kill! but I don't believe that dyno sheet for a second!!!! An 05 GTO has about 360 ponies to the ground and runs 12's in the 1/4 and wieghs 3700lbs. and the speed limiter is set at 164mph but new goats w/o the limiter have already been up to 198mph completely stock!!!!! on closed courses!!!
So if that guy has over 800 ponies at the rear wheels and is getting traction and your bike is relatively stock I think you would have been watching his tail lights!!! with traction and 800 horses Buick GN's turn 6's in the 1/4. So either that thing is tuned way wrong he burnt off $50 off each tire or hes just blowing smoke and showing you a dyno to some race car!!! Just my 2 cents
There is no way a 800hp GN can run 6's.  WAKE up.  Chris Chow over here is over a 1000rwhp and running 7.9-8.0's.  To be in the 6's it is going to take like 2000 hp and alot of suspension work.  As far as the 05 GTO stock (from what I have seen) they are hitting 13.1-13.2's.
Ok OK OK!!! I am wrong in that!!! I apologize again!!! 05 GTO's ARE capable of high 12's though

I went to another borard I frequent and related this story to a very competent and fast cobra owner. The following is his opinion....

It depends on a number of things. If they raced from a stop, then the Hyabusa should put quite a few lengths on the Cobra, but I would expect the Cobra to pass by the Busa a little ways down the road.

From a roll I would expect the Cobra to pull the Busa. I've raced a few street bikes from a roll (with 612rwhp), and I've pulled most of them. 600's I pull pretty good, but things start to get interesting when the get up to 1000cc's (depending on the bike, and whether or not it's modded).

Also, if the guy wasn't using nitrous during the run, then he isn't putting down over 800rwhp. A Kenn-Bell is good to around 650-700 hp at the rear wheels, and that is on race gas with a real good tune.

There are also a lot of Hyabusa's with turbo's and nitrous that are crazy fast. Was the Busa modded?

Anyways, anything can happen on the streets, so who knows.

Again I say I am not taking anything away from the kill!!!! I do not think the cobra should nessicarily have one I just think an 800 hp car should have put up a better race, but that is just my 2cents, not saying I'm an authority!!!!!

If it was an 03' Cobra vert then 700HP really isn't that hard to get with that car. These cars with just a blower pulley change and full exhaust put it over 500HP, so with motor work and a bigger huffer the dyno HP reading is no surprize to me.
Don't let the mustang guy fool you, if he's racing with bikes on the road he IS spraying if he's got it. I used to say the same thing when i used to streetrace my GTO. I'd have one bottle for people to see that i "unhook" for them and one hidden that was the real one.

If it was an 03' Cobra vert then 700HP really isn't that hard to get with that car. These cars with just a blower pulley change and full exhaust put it over 500HP, so with motor work and a bigger huffer the dyno HP reading is no surprize to me.
Don't let the mustang guy fool you, if he's racing with bikes on the road he IS spraying if he's got it. I used to say the same thing when i used to streetrace my GTO. I'd have one bottle for people to see that i "unhook" for them and one hidden that was the real one.
I never said that I didn't believe that a cobra can hit 800 hp I fully understand they can!!! In my opinion I would think an 800 hp car would put up a better race.

I went to another borard I frequent and related this story to a very competent and fast cobra owner. The following is his opinion....

It depends on a number of things. If they raced from a stop, then the Hyabusa should put quite a few lengths on the Cobra, but I would expect the Cobra to pass by the Busa a little ways down the road.

From a roll I would expect the Cobra to pull the Busa. I've raced a few street bikes from a roll (with 612rwhp), and I've pulled most of them. 600's I pull pretty good, but things start to get interesting when the get up to 1000cc's (depending on the bike, and whether or not it's modded).

Also, if the guy wasn't using nitrous during the run, then he isn't putting down over 800rwhp. A Kenn-Bell is good to around 650-700 hp at the rear wheels, and that is on race gas with a real good tune.

There are also a lot of Hyabusa's with turbo's and nitrous that are crazy fast. Was the Busa modded?

Anyways, anything can happen on the streets, so who knows.

Again I say I am not taking anything away from the kill!!!! I do not think the cobra should nessicarily have one I just think an 800 hp car should have put up a better race, but that is just my 2cents, not saying I'm an authority!!!!!
Please tell your buddy on the other board that the only way a Cobra will pass a Busa from a dead stop is if the Busa pulls over and waits.....
40__s.gif

HMAN,

Is this the car? If not, it is setup pretty much the same. There are several cars just like this on www.svtperformance.com/

Cbora link-----> http://www.cardomain.com/id/00svtdubs
Holy ####. Thats the car. How did you find it? I was WAY off on the torque. My memory is ####.

The building in the backgroud there is the building we were sitting at and BSing before I headed home. Least it looks like it. Its a carwash in Rockport.

600 HP in the 1/8 maybe.......
LOL!
WTF you been smoking!
rock.gif

Okay....
Well 6's and 8's are apples and oranges.....
My buddies Buick does 7's.... and he's got a lot more power then 800 horses.
Quote all the mag's you want.
Your talking to guys that have DONE it...... not read about it.

The GTO is a pig too. Porker. Even the 400 horse version.
When the Cobra is released via Ford.... Bu-Bye Goat!

ok, i think i can solve a lot of this, i have a 04 cobra with a similar set up, no cams, just kenne bell,exhaust, chip and pully. and it DYNO'S around 615 with 12lbs of boost. now here in houston they make the hennesey viper's and when i had my busa with exhaust and pc3 i dogged him. also i ran a new 05 GTO from one side of h-town to the other and they do run good. but nowhere near cobra strength.
in all honesty he has has money can make anything go fast!!! god run against a very strong car, check out www.ls1tech.com, go to multi-media section you'll find some bike and car runs.busa's v/s 1000hp supra's

There is no way a 800hp GN can run 6's.  WAKE up.  Chris Chow over here is over a 1000rwhp and running 7.9-8.0's.  To be in the 6's it is going to take like 2000 hp and alot of suspension work.  As far as the 05 GTO stock (from what I have seen) they are hitting 13.1-13.2's.
i completely agree, look at the site i listed above just to get in the 10's you are talking 7-800hp. now above that you need at least a 2000hp just to get into the 7's. with a non-street legal car. on ls1 tech you'll see a dyno of a 900hp impala ss. weight plus hp = 9.8's in the 1/4. like a stock busa with a excellent rider.
it's funny i am on a couple of car street racing sites for my area. that is always the biggest arguement, car v/s bike.
what's funny now that i think about it the guy with the cobra might have lied because on that year cobra you wouldn't need to beef up the bottom end of the motor. that stock motor is completely forged, strongest motor out. it can handle a 1000+ hp. strictly performance in houston built the 1st 10cobra, stock motor, kenne bell, no2 in the country.

sorry so long, got a lil worked up

<!--EDIT|drag_on77598
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111221832 -->

what's funny now that i think about it the guy with the cobra might have lied because on that year cobra you wouldn't need to beef up the bottom end of the motor. that stock motor is completely forged, strongest motor out. it can handle a 1000+ hp. strictly performance in houston built the 1st 10cobra, stock motor, kenne bell, no2 in the country.
If you go back where the car domain link was posted you'll see the list of mods done to the car.

I was in a rush to get out of there and may have misunderstood him on what all was done to the car. The link can be found here.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/00svtdubs

I also found this link. Its video of the car the day he got it back with the latest set of mods.

http://www.03cobra.net/00svtdubs.wmv

Umm, I have a video on my hardrive of BiggerDanno from suzukihayabusa.org pulling on a supercharged 900 HP Viper on his STOCK hayabusa.

The viper went buy him around 150-160 range when the superior aeros of the car start to play into affect. Until that, it is all busa, barely, but the busa jumps out front, and the care doesn't real him in until then.

Oh and this is from a roll on... Not 1 roll on, but several, its a 19 minute clip, with shots from 3 or 4 angles every race.
Then the poor viper get romped by nickslicks 1397 on spray,
Then fulltilts 12R that is just as fast as nicks busa.
I will try to find a link, not sure if nicks site is still up or not...

No I aint emailing it to you, still on dial up over here! It took like 4 hours to download...

wow.gif
--- I all my years-- have never --raced a car-- with my scoot-- Fun read--
Did see on TV a twin turbo Toyota--- 6.99 @ 199---1/4
wow.gif

wow.gif

Back