Ram Jam killing tires on Push Mountain 341 in Arkansas video .

Wow! That road was pretty awesome, no traffic at all!! What's with that?
The road surface looked great and the condition of the tarmac looked good too.
I would have liked to have seen the tyres after that lol, any chicken strips? I doubt it lol.
Great riding Bryan, you use the gearbox like it's a 600cc bike, the exhaust note is menacing, and the power wheelies on demand are very impressive!
Good job, more of the same please :thumbsup:

Wow! That road was pretty awesome, no traffic at all!! What's with that?
The road surface looked great and the condition of the tarmac looked good too.
I would have liked to have seen the tyres after that lol, any chicken strips? I doubt it lol.
Great riding Bryan, you use the gearbox like it's a 600cc bike, the exhaust note is menacing, and the power wheelies on demand are very impressive!
Good job, more of the same please :thumbsup:

Check out his pics in the ozarks trip thread, he even drug his shifter and not a chicken strip to be seen. As kiwi said very impressive riding @c10 .

:bowdown: I rarely watch unedited riding vids more than 15 seconds. I saw that 13:42 and said, "NO WAY!" Boy,was I wrong! That's solid hard riding right up to the end. Most impressive. I've never had the nerve to even try that long of a fast ride on the street. Looks like you must have been over that road a few times.

Thanks guys . Actually I was running it a little slower than what I can due to not in full leathers . I was just in full face shoei . gloves , jacket with ce armor , and Sidi boots . Also this was first outing all week where I turned it on a bit . All week rode a lazy 50 mph avg with wife on beautiful roads . I enjoyed it , but not the riding of normal . Number of times I've ridden push mountain in 15 years is about 12 times . Two years ago they had cattle haulers using the road due to flooding so it was not worth riding with gravel being kicked onto road in the curves . Last time I pushed the road decently was two up on the bird with the wife on the back . Her clutch was going out on the Bandit so our last day before riding home 600 miles we did two up . I drug the mid pipe of the R77's so I ended up with a Titanium exhaust out of the deal .

Here is same road about 5 years ago . I was paid to ride out , , and install a engine at camp . Then rebuild carburetors , and put it all together for the owner . I rode one day on my WORKED FJR1300 . Yamaha Reps wished Yamaha had made it like mine . 65 ponds lighter than stock with a wee bit more power ;)
My camera guy asked me to not run off so he could get good video . Pay attention to rear tire / smoke in some turns . We are running up the mountain opposite of my video above . I think around 12 min I had enough , and checked out on him . He was riding a worked over 2nd gen FZ1 with riding skills . No need to watch all 40 minutes just the first 15 are push mountain . after that its 14 back to camp at a blistering 150 mph in some places , but Chuck was not keeping up with me .

2nd video , 12:30 is where it starts to get tight / fun , and 19 min is where I left chuck . 22:xx just a wheelie back to camp .

Note these videos are so much better off youtube in HD they were recorded in .

Really impressive riding on what looks like a fairly technical stretch. Your rhythm is enviable, hitting apexes, hooking up on the exits. Please start posting telemetry! :bowdown: (and please post more vids). Like @Mythos, I rarely stick it out to the end of vids like this, but this whole session was enjoyable start to finish.

After inspection on lift I managed to get body work on the deck. Definitely time for a mm or two raise / suspension tweaks.

DSC_3483.JPG

DSC_3481.JPG

DSC_3480.JPG

DSC_3482.JPG

I had an egg shaped scrape on the clutch side of my gen2 fairing(clutch side sits out further).
These fat pigs will lay over too far too easily, and we know it's bad dragging hard parts.
Took some getting used to, to keep it off the road.

As for your wife's clutch...she needs to get after her mechanic, can't have that :poke:

I had an egg shaped scrape on the clutch side of my gen2 fairing(clutch side sits out further).
These fat pigs will lay over too far too easily, and we know it's bad dragging hard parts.
Took some getting used to, to keep it off the road.

As for your wife's clutch...she needs to get after her mechanic, can't have that :poke:
Her bike was a gift after owners son hit a dog damaging tail section . Well a little detective work putting puzzle together when restoring bandit there was burnt rubber under tail from burn outs . I spoke to previous owner if they saw dog or what . Answer was no dog seen by anyone other than son who crashed it .
My suspicion is he was doing burn outs , and tried a again while tire was hot . It got away from him , and did the damage to tail in a loop . When I pulled clutch from limping bandit home 600 miles it was evident the abuse .

Back