Ram Air Sealing Tubes?

Hayabusa133

Registered
Where can I purchase Ram Air Sealing Tubes for my Gen 2 Hayabusa?

I contacted Nick Smith but he said he no longer makes them.

Also out of stock at MPS Racing and Schnitz Racing.

Does anyone know who might still sell these?

Thanks
Mark R.

If you're racing, it might matter a little. I sealed mine with silicone. The stockers are made in halves that snap together so there's a big seam down the middle. Also where they join to the air box. After about ten years, I can pull that silicone off pretty easily. I might vinyl wrap the seams someday. The trap area doesn't look like it helps flow any and it has a hole in it for the fairing projection. It is bothersome that Suz designed the ram air tubes the way they did but I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference in performance.

Where can I purchase Ram Air Sealing Tubes for my Gen 2 Hayabusa?

(...)

what kind of sealing TUBES do you mean?

neither the gen1 nor the gen2 have any tubes their in the area between ram air and airbox stubs

the only "seal" i know is made of very soft foam and glued at the air box stubs.

if this foam is ripped a bit or a lot
join a heating craftsman and ask him for a 25-30 mm thick plate of 300 x 300 mm size of "armaflex" or so (a soft foam to insulate heating pipes glueable with "pattex")
then cut it out and glue it to the stubs - ready

These are an aftermarket part that goes in place of the foam.

Screenshot_20210305-072506_Chrome.jpg

Is there enough extra air pressure with a sealed ram air to allow you to burn more fuel?

if you wanna burn more fuel use a turbo + all its supporting pieces

with the standard airbox and standard ramair there will be no measurable increasing of the air volume,
no matter what ever you do.
so any increasing of fuel volume is nonsense - makes only your sparks black and lowers the power at the end.

the air flow rate is limited by the form of all the air leading pieces and air-flow-physics.
even the in laboratory measured 10-15% bigger airflow of an k&n (or so), compared to an usual paper filter, doesn´t increase measurably the motor power.

if you want to increase motor power,
you can, depending on where u use the bike - at sea level or at (e.g.) 8000 ft (hills) drop the fuelrate at higher rpm
because every motor is "feeded" equal
because the manuf. doesn´t know where the bike will be ridden.

at sealevel the air has more oxygen per volume than in 8000 ft
so you could drop the fuelrate a bit at sealevel
what then gives more power
because the "over-feeding" with fuel is programmed in the ecu to chill the motor inside.

but if you overdo it, the lean mixture can cause the pistons to burn up and so on.

to get this fueling to its best rate, depending on the level (in ft) u use the bike, will, i guess need 1-2 days on a test bench with a lot of additionally built in measuring points to get the temperatures while running the engine at all rpm .
(think of the vastly different performance values when testing the same bike at sea level and at e.g. 8000 ft.)

so, my friendly hint ;) , don´t fumble around there - the danger of a destroyed motor is too high.

with the standard airbox and standard ramair there will be no measurable increasing of the air volume,
no matter what ever you do.
so any increasing of fuel volume is nonsense - makes only your sparks black and lowers the power at the end.
Yep, exactly my point...if sealed ram air tubes are not increasing air volume enough to burn a corresponding additional amount of fuel, there is no advantage. If the AFR remains the same after sealing the ram air, the engine is taking in the same amount of air, there is no need for more fuel and the hp is unchanged as well.

Do you know what the psi was without the seals?

Is there enough extra air pressure with a sealed ram air to allow you to burn more fuel?
No I don't even the year before I sealed every thing with 200MPH tape
And as far as burning more fuel

My A/F was being tuned by me gear by gear, so I don't know
originally it was getting richer and richer gear by gear

Back