Ram air seal mod

Correct me if Im wrong please but you dont really notice any difference unless you are hitting it at a high Speed ?,used mainly by Drag Racers?

no, I can't say I notice a difference. It's not like having it sealed vs unsealed will give you 5hp. It makes sense that it helps at the very top but exactly by how much I couldn't say.

It made a butt dyno difference to me. The way I did mine was to first cut all of the foam/plastic of the exsisting seals off of the air box. Then go to home depot and bought vinal weather seal, comes in big strips/sheets, buy a couple of feet of the sheet and cut it to connect the ram air intake tubes to the air box (i.e. cut rectangles and fold them into tubes). Then you use electrical tape to tape them to the tubes which run beside the headlight (do not tape to airbox, this makes it impossible to remove/install properly and will cause leaks!!). Then you tape the length of the seam so it is a nice solid tube with an open end where the airbox goes and a solid attachment to the ram air tube. when you go to install the airbox all you have to do is roll the tube back on itself and drop the air box in place and then roll the tube back over the airbox inlets. Don't tighten the airbox down untill the vinal seals are firmly in place. Voila ram air seals that cost approx $5 as opposed to $85.

Sorry for the long post, I assure you it is quite effective and simple in reallity, if I still had my bike I would post pics (anyone care to donate a busa to me so I can make a proper write up
tounge.gif
). If you are local I could probably walk you through it for a case of beer...

That tape is not heat resistant. It gets pretty warm under the tank and the heat will deteriorate the tape over a period of time.

If these truly worked for producing power wouldn't Suzuki have installed these? I recall seeing a video about the original OE intake design and how the nose forces air into the intakes...these air stacks/scoops would gum up the works, unless you simply like the look of it.

If these truly worked for producing power wouldn't Suzuki have installed these?  I recall seeing a video about the original OE intake design and how the nose forces air into the intakes...these air stacks/scoops would gum up the works, unless you simply like the look of it.
You are confusing Scoops with Seals. These are the Ramair seals.

ViewImage.jpg

ViewImage2.jpg

ViewImage3.jpg

That top image looks like my home made ones. I used standard electrical tape and I had no heat issues, I think the reason why they did not do this from the factory was because it makes the airbox a bi!ch to get on/off...
dunno.gif

With the Ramair seals there is no difficulty in getting the airbox on and off. Here are the Ramair seals made from Billet aluminum.

BilletRamairmod.jpg

Mine that I made went through the frame and attached to the forward tubes. Made for a nice straight transition. Those look like they only connect the air box to the frame that still leaves the gap between the tubes and the frame open...

It made a butt dyno difference to me. The way I did mine was to first cut all of the foam/plastic of the exsisting seals off of the air box. Then go to home depot and bought vinal weather seal, comes in big strips/sheets, buy a couple of feet of the sheet and cut it to connect the ram air intake tubes to the air box (i.e. cut rectangles and fold them into tubes). Then you use electrical tape to tape them to the tubes which run beside the headlight (do not tape to airbox, this makes it impossible to remove/install properly and will cause leaks!!). Then you tape the length of the seam so it is a nice solid tube with an open end where the airbox goes and a solid attachment to the ram air tube. when you go to install the airbox all you have to do is roll the tube back on itself and drop the air box in place and then roll the tube back over the airbox inlets. Don't tighten the airbox down untill the vinal seals are firmly in place. Voila ram air seals that cost approx $5 as opposed to $85.

Sorry for the long post, I assure you it is quite effective and simple in reallity, if I still had my bike I would post pics (anyone care to donate a busa to me so I can make a proper write up
tounge.gif
). If you are local I could probably walk you through it for a case of beer...
DE44Magna - where are you located
rock.gif
? i might take you up on that offer ! ether that or from looking at the other pics i could just take an innertube that would strech over the airbox tubes and make it work ......... or maby im crazyyyyyyy/
lol1.gif

I mod mine with e cost of 2 dollars... Hehe.. btw not those tape of rubber mod. will post pic soon.

Back