ram air closures

jdsbusa

Registered
Does anyone make a simple snap in or bolt in plastic kit to close off the ram air vents on the front/nose? (not talking about sealing the tubes, getting rid of the openings)

Yea... I'd just get an aftermarket race nose if I were you... If not, cut some plastic blanks and glue em on from the inside, paint em before hand if you want.

The assumption is you're going turbo or supercharger, race nose, I've never seen blockoffs.

Since you location says "boost in progress" I would say plug them from the inside with black inserts. Leave the bike as stock as possible looking so it becomes a serious sleeper. Not that a Busa is much of a sleeper stock anyway. :laugh:

Yep it's going boosted, I'd just rather close the vents off to keep crap from entering there and getting all over my wires and what not. Race noses don't have the openings for turn signals or headlamps right? That sounds like far more work and pita than I'm looking for.

If I had the fabrication equipment there might be a market for this type of item. :thumbsup:

I've seen them glassed in, but then that requires a paint job to the nose.....more work. :11zpissed:

If you are referring to the holes in the nose?

you have 3 choices:

leave them open

get aftermarket street turbo upper(has headlight hole,but down side is no turn signal or ram air holes) and paint it the same as your stocker.I can have you one if in stock in less than a week,paint can be gotten at colorite.

buy a upper,have body guy glass in ram air holes,leave headlight/signal holes and repaint like stock.I can have this done if noone can do it in your area.

If your only concern is stuff getting in to your wirring why not just block the ram air tubes off on the inside of the nose. Paint it semi flat black and it'll look fine.

Most turbo bikes running LSR cut out a piece of fiberglass shaped over the ducts and rivit them in place. Now rivits obviously would not be my first choice for a street bike, but can glass on or rivit then glass over...Just an idea that could be followed up with~!~

If your only concern is stuff getting in to your wirring why not just block the ram air tubes off on the inside of the nose. Paint it semi flat black and it'll look fine.

Sounds like a great idea...stock looking on the outside~!~

Keep water out also with a little sealant :thumbsup:

If he leaves front open and blocks back,it will be like running into a brick wall.

If you are referring to the holes in the nose?

you have 3 choices:

leave them open

get aftermarket street turbo upper(has headlight hole,but down side is no turn signal or ram air holes) and paint it the same as your stocker.I can have you one if in stock in less than a week,paint can be gotten at colorite.

buy a upper,have body guy glass in ram air holes,leave headlight/signal holes and repaint like stock.I can have this done if noone can do it in your area.

I do have a spare upper....needs repaired anyway as there's a nice crack from a garage tip-over. Might be the perfect opportunity to use it as a test model for glassing over the inlets. I just didn't want the hassle of painting the thing....something that snapped in or bolted in and was pre-painted would be slick!

Lets say it's my only REAL concern...but aesthetics are always important...just not as important as keeping things dry back there.

It's a turbo! add .1lbs of boost to compensate :laugh:

personally, I would glass the whole front or buy a replacement turbo nose and then just add some low profile LED blinkers to the side fairings.
If he leaves front open and blocks back,it will be like running into a brick wall.

It's a turbo! add .1lbs of boost to compensate :laugh:

personally, I would glass the whole front or buy a replacement turbo nose and then just add some low profile LED blinkers to the side fairings.

I have tied into my running lights inside the headlight for my turns signals, small but there. I would run the catalyst turbo upper and tie into the running lights and paint an oem color. that would be pretty clean, clear your ram air tubes and totally functional.

Back