Raising your bars, something like Helibar risers

Since I have a full cnc shop and because I can, I would like to make a set of raised bars and was looking for input on what you guys would think would be a good start for me. I want something kinda tall, not ape hangers. But something to raiser the bars about 1-2"s and see how I like them.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

I was thinking of making a bar with a riser built into it. But the link posted looks interesting as I was thinking of making a new upper triple so I could lower my forks some, and I could incorporate that right into it with a set of drag bars or something...... hmm.......

Thanks
Todd

Sixpack577 had these on his and love them. I have thought about going with them myself. One thing is if you go to much you have to change all the lines. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

Are you just talking about some sort of riser, or a complete replacement handlebar?

It's pricey, but this seems to be a nice setup: Spiegler Performance Parts - Handlebar Conversion Kit

Maybe that could provide some inspiration for a good DIY project.

I had one of the Spiegler kits on my gen2, worked great. But you would have to machine a new topclamp to use the dirtbike style bars.
Before them I had 1.5" spacers alone. .75" spacers alone, heli-bars alone, and the .75" risers and heli-bars combined.
1.5" of rise(however you get there) is also as high as you can go and still use stock length brake/clutch lines.
As well as clear the inner windsheild, unless the bars are moved far enough back from under the winsheild(which requires longer lines).
The simplest way for you would likely be heli-bar style bars. Altering their length and angles to make them fit you.
Heli-bars roll the bars slightly forward, and of course higher. They are also higher at the outer end than the inner end.
There are also clip-on style bars that rotate and change angles.
My Dad is a mechanical engineer and we went through alot of possibilities with bar setups on the busa.
Not to say there isn't a new and great idea out there, but the several bar and riser types already on the market are really good, as far as working with the tight clearance of winsheild and fairings(an unfaired bike would be much easier).
Check out the pics as these would be a good start to recreate or build upon.
(bike with blue tank isn't mine, other pics are).

SDC11033.jpg

SDC10434.jpg

SuzukiBusab.jpg

SDC10554.jpg

238.jpg

The bar stock risers under the triple is a great cheap and quick idea to see if you like something. I may try that to see what height I light and then maybe bend some bar ends to different pull lengths and come up wit the geometry I need to make a solid triple etc.

Thanks guys!

Todd

Back