Raising Rear End On 2nd Gen

KUNTRY

Registered
I stretched my bike yesterday and when I got home I noticed that my tire had two fresh grooves on the outside of the tire from where the license plate mounts were at.(they were folded in) and I have a hole in my brand new tail lamp where the tire rubbed against it. My buddy was telling me that he has an adjustable "doggy bone" on his but he has a 1st Gen and I don't see anything like tha th on mine. Is is possible to raise the rear end up to keep it from dragging on my tire?

Yes you can get adjustable dog bones for you bike. I am assuming that sence you stretched your bike you haven't rechecked your sag settings. If that's not something that your worried about you could just crank on the spring until you have enough preload that it won't hit. As a very last resort you could always get an extended tail and the correct spring to fix the geometry of the bike after you stretched it. How far over are you now?

I didn't dlike the stretch myself. Had someone else do it and I saw him adjusting the spring but I guess I'm a bit heavy (320 lbs) and as far as the dog bone I was under the assumption that there was a way to adjust it without buying that from what one of my buddies was telling me about his

I stretched my bike yesterday and when I got home I noticed that my tire had two fresh grooves on the outside of the tire from where the license plate mounts were at.(they were folded in) and I have a hole in my brand new tail lamp where the tire rubbed against it. My buddy was telling me that he has an adjustable "doggy bone" on his but he has a 1st Gen and I don't see anything like tha th on mine. Is is possible to raise the rear end up to keep it from dragging on my tire?

I just stretched mine 4"(2"-6" over Evil arm)and had to crank down on my rear spring until it stopped rubbing(though the rear was already lowered 2+ inches with adjustable links and I'm 250 lbs).Easiest just to stick a piece of masking tape under the taillight and keep playing with the spring until the tire doesn't rub the tape.

Busa%202-26-2016%20004_zps02aobbze.jpg

Busa%202-26-2016%20005_zpsa4m7650u.jpg

Your rear spring can not properly be adjusted with out you on the bike. The only two ways to change the geometry (ride height) is with adjustable links or springs. I am a bigger boy as well so don't take offense but your 320 lbs and you have stretched the swing arm, you need the proper springs on your bike. It's not the cheapest way to do it but it's the correct way.

Ok tha
I just stretched mine 4"(2"-6" over Evil arm)and had to crank down on my rear spring until it stopped rubbing(though the rear was already lowered 2+ inches with adjustable links and I'm 250 lbs).Easiest just to stick a piece of masking tape under the taillight and keep playing with the spring until the tire doesn't rub the tape.

View attachment 394927

View attachment 394928

View attachment 394927

View attachment 394928
OK cool. How hard is the installation of the adjustable links?

Your rear spring can not properly be adjusted with out you on the bike. The only two ways to change the geometry (ride height) is with adjustable links or springs. I am a bigger boy as well so don't take offense but your 320 lbs and you have stretched the swing arm, you need the proper springs on your bike. It's not the cheapest way to do it but it's the correct way.
OK so Springs and links

Are these the links?

14633243737371035673251.jpg

Not hard bro,I used the old scissor jack from my Jeep to take the weight off of things.

newbike077.jpg

newbike076.jpg

newbike075.jpg

I have a lift though(too old to crawl around on the floor anymore:D)so was able to secure the front wheel in the vise.

newbike083.jpg

Back