Raised the rear

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
A very big thank you goes out to 200hp! Oh and confusion between me and the other half. Payment going out tomorrow! Should have it Sat. Thanks again. Well all here is a pic. Can you tell?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1010317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the rear raised...does it feel like you are forced into the tank that much more.....or is it a more subtle change? How does it feel.....twitchy at all? I want to try this myself and really want to know.

Hey I have been wanting to raise my bike some since day one. How did you do it? How much taller is it? How does it ride and feel? Come on details LOL. Can you post a whole bike pic so I can see what the whole thing looks like. With my 1100 I just made some new dogbones about a eigth of an inch shorter on the holes makes the back end go up about 2 inches on most GSXRs 750s and 1100s not sure about SRADs

Hey I have been wanting to raise my bike some since day one. How did you do it? How much taller is it? How does it ride and feel? Come on details LOL. Can you post a whole bike pic so I can see what the whole thing looks like. With my 1100 I just made some new dogbones about a eigth of an inch shorter on the holes makes the back end go up about 2 inches on most GSXRs 750s and 1100s not sure about SRADs
Hey Race24, the SV650 bones raise it an inch.

OK...Got done with all the work very late last night. Took it for a quick spin in the neighborhood but nothing special. I have just put on the new rearsets and the combination of the rear end raise makes you lean on the front forks. Will ride to work today. Will post more when I get home tonight. Give me a few mintues to post a pic. The SV bones got me up 2" based on my measurements.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

OK...Got done with all the work very late last night.  Took it for a quick spin in the neighborhood but nothing special.  I have just put on the new rearsets and the combination of the rear end raise makes you lean on the front forks.  Will ride to work today.  Will post more when I get home tonight.  Give me a few mintues to post a pic.  The SV bones got me up 2" based on my measurements.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Is that high enough? Too high?

Well as far as the height I only know one person who has done it. I called him and he thought that 2" was quite a change but said to ride it and see. He went up like 1 7/16" on the rear. So I will be giving you up dates as I increase my speed to see what the effects are. Here is the Pic.

Marc "Howin Mad"

P1010319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize to all about this being in general. Could one of the admins please move to modifications! Thanks in advance.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hi Howlin'..just wondering..."WHY" raise it...draggin' pegs?
I have leaned way over but not ground anything yet...The Busa is the only bike so far..I have owned..without touching down hard parts...want to though..love beveled footpegs..
Wish had pic's of my 85 Ninja 900..ground off a full third of um'
Fun to meet all of us at Laguna....

PaceMaster,
The reason for raising the rear is for quicker turn in. After my ride today I could feel it. The combination of the new rearsets and the dogbones had me on the front suspension. She just dove in the corners. Now I wasn't railing but could feel the front end compressing when turning.

Howlin Mad

Nice job Marc. Was considering raising mine also. Getting the 360V Superpole footpegs also. Going to try to add a little more comfort to my 6'5" frame.

Brian

If I raised my bike two inches I wouldn't be able to place my feet on the ground
laugh.gif
, but I'm glad its working for you Marc. I'm interested in how comfortable a ride it is. Does it affect you body ergos? riding position? overall comfort? Center of gravity raises, so does it seem top heavy in the turns?
rock.gif
?? Enquiring minds want to know.

If I raised my bike two inches I wouldn't be able to place my feet on the ground  
laugh.gif
, but I'm glad its working for you Marc. I'm interested in how comfortable a ride it is. Does it affect you body ergos? riding position? overall comfort? Center of gravity raises, so does it seem top heavy in the turns?
rock.gif
?? Enquiring minds want to know.
I am going riding today so I will post my results. Likes and dislikes.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back