Raised busa, 55 rear tire, better Handling

Busanwkrew

Registered
I recently purchased a 2006 with 9k miles and almost all stock. I am posting here to share my modifications and how much it has improved my busa.
I just installed a 1" raising link. Found it on Schnitz Racing website and I highly suggest.
Also a neat little trick I also like to share is I raised my seat a half inch by simply adding a few space washers under the seat. It's a very simple modification but it does help with the leg room very much..
I'm soon going to be changing the rear and front tire to a taller profile tire, which does give more grip and stability on cornering. But it does make the contact patch a little smaller when riding in the straight away.

Here are a few pictures of my busa and the very last one was my 05 when I did some track days. I will be posting those pictures separately.

20200805_171046.jpg

20200801_203010.jpg

20200721_191126.jpg

20200801_203525.jpg

Screenshot_20170512-190110.png

Im 6'2 and now feels much better. My knees are not so bent when I'm stopped.

grin - length/tall near me (6.4)

for my knees i dropped the front / drivers rests with 20mm pieces like
vario_rasten.gif

(these in germany we call "multi-vario-rests")
VP-Multi.komplett_3.gif

if you wanna increase the busa´s agility a bit more than now,
lower it in the front of around 1/2 - 7/16 by four cylinders between upper yoke and its cover + moving the front legs up to contact the cover
like shown on this pic.

Lenkererhoehung_15mm_engl.jpg

for racetrack and all street corners a real goooooooooooooood thing - believe in me.

this front lowering brings again more grip to the front wheel
but i guess you should stay at the 120/70-17

if you then additionally move to a superbike bar (760 mm wide) , like for instance ssgt_b already did,
and
as the dot on the "i"
radial pumps
you never ever wanna change this design again - i know this, because i did so and never i´ll regret it.

only slicks / profileless racing tires + heating covers
then could help you getting again more faster on track.

@Busanwkrew

what i forgot is the last and extreme hint

move at your gen1 from 6X17 to a suzuki BOD-rim 5.5x17 in combi. with a 180/55 or 60 or 70 slick for track
because the less wide the rear tire is the less angle/leaning you need at same speed in same corner.
the physical reason(s) you can read here.

i already tested this behavior with a street legal tire metzeler interact z8 in size 180/55
on our little race track here 60 away from berlin
no sliding how ever i treated the busa in corners

same effect with my same weighted fj1200 (ca. 235 kg, tank full) and a metzeler z6 at the BOD 5.5x17
no sliding how ever i treated the fj in corners
in most , cz.

see the pic of the z6 (i guess looks nice used, or?)
P1020361.jpg

View attachment 1624657

View attachment 1624658

lower it in the front of around 1/2 - 7/16 by four cylinders between upper yoke and its cover + moving the front legs up to contact the cover
like shown on this pic.

View attachment 1624659

for racetrack and all street corners a real goooooooooooooood thing - believe in me.

if you then additionally move to a superbike bar (760 mm wide) , like for instance ssgt_b already did,
and
as the dot on the "i"
radial pumps
you never ever wanna change this design again - i know this, because i did so and never i´ll regret it.

Thank you so much for the detailed info about lowering the front. I definitely will do a little research to see what I like about it.

View attachment 1624657

View attachment 1624658

like shown on this pic.

View attachment 1624659

and
as the dot on the "i"
radial pumps

Now my question is what is the Superbike bars?
Is it clip on? Please give me some info about that.
I also love the haybusa top triple clamp
But I have seen some top clamps that allow for clip ons to go on. Any thoughts on that?

yes right,
but where did you find that?

because the rests fit at all busas from ´99 on

There are two Hayabusa selections in the top menu, "R" and "RA". I do not know what those mean. Perhaps generation I versus generation II? Selecting "RA" led me to these items.

For US parts suppliers we would normally select gen I or gen II to match our bike and show all compatible products.

There are two Hayabusa selections in the top menu, "R" and "RA". I do not know what those mean. Perhaps generation I versus generation II? Selecting "RA" led me to these items.

For US parts suppliers we would normally select gen I or gen II to match our bike and show all compatible products.

R / RA is only the german way to differ between the 2003 f.i. and others don´t matter
don´t care for

as far as i know you can order any rests for the busa - they are all identical.

Im 6'2 and now feels much better. My knees are not so bent when I'm stopped.
ok that explains it now... I never thought of the washer thing but then im only 5/11. I put a 55 on mine and I always thought it dug into the corners better because of it. Of course I could have been imagining things.

Reving an old thread. I raised my 05 with those same links and my Busa leans pretty far on the side stand. Did you do anything for that?

Reving an old thread. I raised my 05 with those same links and my Busa leans pretty far on the side stand. Did you do anything for that?
I have a gen 2 and did the raising links and noticed the same thing and even when running the 190/55 rear tire it sat fine. It did give u a little more lean but hadn't cause me any issues. I'm sure you already did the kickstand mod by now but if not I'd make sure that's done as well.

Back