Rainbow Iridium Racing Screen

mctrull

Registered
I finally recieved the replacement shield from Powerbronze the other day and put it on. The optical clarity has improved a great deal! The fit is still great, thick plastic (no flimsy junk), the iridium finish still looks great, and if I do not post on here about a problem you will know this one has held up better. The last one, I had a problem with the iridium coating coming off but, they sent me a replacement shield at no cost.

New_Shield__1_.JPG

I likey,,,,, where did you get it and what was the $$$ cost? I think I might need a little extra wind protection myself.

Hey mctrull, I have a Powerbronze screen like yours but the plastic is to thick and it won't fit properly and if you look closely at it you can see what looks like spider webbing... did you have the same problem... Please let me know. You can e-mail me at: Henryace1@aol.com

Nice looking windscreen and that paint job is lookin' sick!

Pretty Damn nice of em' to send you another one... Fits your bike...

I got it from these people http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/ , it cost about $175.00 and it takes them a month to get it to you. If you want anything besides the Rainbow Iridium, you can find a U.S. dealer that can sell it to you and get it to you a lot faster. I chose that color because of the different colors on my busa that there was no way I could match a solid color screen to the paint.
Henry, The plastic is thick but, the three that I have used fit great, snug but, no stress marks. Have you contacted them about replacement? They were very nice to me, a little slow on response but, very easy to work with and very helpful. They did not even want me to send the old screen back.
Thanks for all of the compliments.

That screen is awesome, but damn it's high! I was looking at getting an iridium windshield, but I'm still not quite convinced. Now that I have the new custom paint job, I'm not sure how it will look against my new color scheme. I have to agree with mctrull, the Powerbronze is an awesome windscreen and is of a better quality than ZG. I've used both and as far as looks and performance go, I think that they are pretty evenly matched.

Hey mctrull, does that edging around the windscreen come along with the windscreen or did you put that on there?
rock.gif
It looks hella good.
bowdown.gif

Thanks, Bacharles. The rainbow is higher than the other colors but, I couldn't find a color that matched my paint and this covered all of the colors equally. Yeah, it came with it. I had to trim off the excess but, I like it. It reduces the windnoise coming over the top edge. It is shaped like a wedge, you put it on with the ramped side facing up. When I first got it I didn't put it on and then after I tried it I noticed the difference. I think it will help protect the iridium too by keeping the edge of it from being pulled up away from the plastic.

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100309433 -->

I took a few pics during the install.  This one shows the difference between the powerbronze and the stock screens from the front

powerstockfront.jpg

Back