Rain

Billy Busa

Banned
My 2008 hayabusa arrived today and I have to leave it outside for about a week until my cycle shell gets here that I ordered because I dont have a garage. For those of you who dont know, a cycle shell is an enclosed place to store your bike.

I was wondering if it rains on my bike will it hurt the finish or anything? Thanks guys.

dont leave it in the rain go buy a cheap tarp or somethng for the mean time to cover it.

Put a blanket on the bike if you use a cheap tarp, it will scratch. Rain shouldnt hurt it. I ride in the rain all time, just makes clean up a pain.

and water proof coverings are bad for the bike if they are not ventilated... (sauna effect)

rain really wont hurt the bike unless you have low ph rain (acid) at the least, I would throw something to cover the windshield/dash

i hear the guys around here are very good at wrapping a bike in toilet paper. You might ask a few of them to wrap yours in some bubble wrap...
smile.gif

Living in south Florida it rains alot during the summer months..I ride rain or shine & haven't had any problems with water harming anything on the bike... I also have a buddy who leaves his busa outside because he doesn't have a garage either & he hasn't had any problems with water damaging anything..

Get u a bike cover at the local bike dealer or cycle gear is you have one close to you. Cost 40-60 bucks, protects your bike for the elements.

Quote: i hear the guys around here are very good at wrapping a bike in toilet paper. You might ask a few of them to wrap yours in some bubble wrap...
beerchug.gif

... I love it ..  
I myself am a Frugal bastid..
laugh.gif
so I used some left over " Visquine " I had from a  job .. that and a little " Duct tape " ..and   Voila !..  instant Busa Condom !
kickass.gif

I know its been said already but get a bike cover man. I think the cheapest/decent one would be around $60-$75.

You can pick up a bike cover at WalMart for $20..Doesnt seem to be any different then them more expensive ones

+1 on the cover at walmart. I got the ATV cover, black nylon, and use it in the gaarage to help keep dust off. not 100% waterproof but much better than nothing. did a good job on the 4wheeler at the lease

You can park it in my garage. Just leave the keys on it in case I have to move it around or something.

Mike B
there ya go...

I own a Geeza cover myself... it fits in the hump, can tow the bike with it on and it looks good...

not cheap but you get what you pay for...

(I garage my bike)

My 2008 hayabusa arrived today and I have to leave it outside for about a week until my cycle shell gets here that I ordered because I dont have a garage. For those of you who dont know, a cycle shell is an enclosed place to store your bike.

I was wondering if it rains on my bike will it hurt the finish or anything?  Thanks guys.
Does the rain hurt your car or truck?

Nope.

However, I would be sure to make sure the chain is luberd well and that all the other moving parts are greased. Otherwise you could have a rust issue.

I would also purchase a cheap bike cover from somewhere like Wal-Mart ($20) to keep the elements off.

I'll have to hand it to you guys, ya know what your talking about. I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a bike cover for exactly $20 bucks. This forum rocks, im glad i found you guys.
beerchug.gif

If it was me. I would not worry about it too much. Get some cheap plastic in the paint isle at lowes and throw it over it with some bricks on the plastic on the ground around it to keep the plastic from flying away. It's not real durable but it's just temporary. This is mainly to keep your bike dry for your comfort and keeping it clean. Keep the plastic loose for plenty of ventilation. It's ment ONLY as a make shift tent.

Back