Rain Riding the Busa

Tio Loco

Donating Member
Registered
I’ve rode in the rain before its not too bad but, today is the first time on a busa. I know that back wheel will be breaking loose today. Anything else inherent to the busa in the rain?

All I can say is properly warmed up, my m1 sportecs kick a$$ on the wet stuff, great confidence. I do take it down a notch but still rail the twisties in the rain. A little slide is actually fun. Disclaimer: HAVE TO KNOW THE ROAD YOUR ON REAL GOOD.

take it easy on the throttle is my best advice....and maybe shift lower in the rpm range to keep the direct power down a bit. Otherwise, just be careful
smile.gif

Keep it smooth, increase distance between other vehicles, expect longer stopping distances, go easier on the throttle. Avoid lane markings, metal bridge joints and anything else that gets more slippery when wet - except for women
smile.gif

Although I have not ridden the 'busa much in the rain, it seems to be the best I've ever owned on wet roads. Run it a gear high and you'll hve no problems.

With good rubber, you'll be fine. Just use one gear higher than you normally would. Be a little gentle in the first 2 gears, and watch out for paint and RR tracks.

+1 to all above
cool.gif
A gear above your norm and be EASY on the throttle.

except for moondog..."railing in the rain"?
wow.gif
You're nuts man
laugh.gif

Run Sportecs, and be REALLY Smooth with the throttle. Otherwise it handles rain better than any other sport bike I have been on.

I've ridden in the rain a lot, my big suggestion is be easy on the throttle, especially coming our of curves and crossing tracks. It doesn't take anything so spin on tracks.

Kev

What about the brakes gang-- when the front disc's get wet, there aren't any brakes--- for a long time-- like triple the distance to stop-- been there done that--Friggi'n scary to say the least.

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134871492 -->

I’ve rode in the rain before its not too bad but, today is the first time on a busa.  I know that back wheel will be breaking loose today.  Anything else inherent to the busa in the rain?
i rode it in the rain today to the bike show in san jose. like in a car, just slow down when the roads are slick and make sure your vision is as clear as possible like having a nice and clean face shield.

'I know the back wheel will be breaking loose today.'

if that's the case w/ your bike, you need to get it check out because the wheel should not do that unless the rider is just not able to control the throttle.

to me, there's really no difference between the busa and other bikes i've ridden in the rain.

again, just use good judgements, ride safe and be patient and you'll be fine.

I rode alot in the rain this year. Like the guys said, easy on the throttle, leave more space in front of you, and watch the slick stuff, leaves, paint, etc.

Well made it back in one piece did very well in the rain. Even with it down to the sportec’s wear bars traction was good. Did let the back tire spin a few times on the way home I have a new set to put on next week. With fresh tires and some practice its going to be a short winter. Thanks for the good tips, definitely going to work on that wet surface braking.

What about the brakes gang-- when the front disc's get wet, there aren't any brakes--- for a long time-- like triple the distance to stop-- been there done that--Friggi'n scary to say the least.
Just remember to dry your discs occasionally and they will be there when you need them. No worries, and plenty of stopping power up front to bury the nose. Good Stuff.

Back