Rain Gear

Tool

Registered
Time to replace my rain suit. Looking for suggestions. would prefer a 1 piece rain suit. Had my current one for approximately 12 years and can not patch anymore. It is a fieldsheer and was awesome. Probably wore it about 3-4 years to long. flex tape works great and it kept me very dry.

I am looking for something for year round riding. I ride to work everyday, rain or shine, winter & summer. Not looking to protect from cold, just rain.

Whenever people ask me about my jacket and I say Fieldsheer, they wrinkle up, having never heard of the brand. Been wearing that jacket for 5 years, including one lay-down, and still going strong.

I am also a year-round, all-weather rider. My only opinion of rain gear is that I like the flexibility of a two-piece (actually a three-piece if you count the booties which I rarely use). I've recently discovered the upper works well as a wind blocker. So even if it's not raining, I'll wear the jacket over everything else to preserve my 3 or 4 layers underneath when the SoCal temp dips below 45. (You said cold protection non factor) Otherwise, it doesn't rain that much here (present season excepted), so I'm relatively clueless, but am completely satisfied with my $60 MotoCentric 2-piece purchase a few years ago. (doesn't look like they make that suit anymore, I just checked). Bone dry in pouring rain, no complaints.

Please update with your final selection choice

Went to local Cycle Gear mega-store and got their one-piece. Works good keeps me dry. Had two-piece for years and the crotch would always leak in heavy rain. That got annoying.

45691902191_3e3c314c30_o.jpg

My Rev’it jacket is waterproof and I bought pants to match. I wear the jacket all the time and put on the pants when it starts to rain. Works well.

The last actual "rain gear" I had, I wound up stuffing my boot right through the crotch of them while trying frantically to put them on under a freeway overpass in a sudden deluge.

I bought my Klim Gore Tex Jacket a few years ago and fell in love with it. Gauranteed 100 waterproof and is absolutely bombproof construction. Will be adding a set of their Riding pants to this soon to replace my old Firstgear TPG pants, which have always been leakproof for me but the construction just pails in comparison to the Klim stuff.

c10 Frog Togs add like ounces to your bike. You'd like them :). I d not leave in the rain anymore but it doesn't send me home if I am already out and about

Joe Rocket Survivor Suit

It’s a 1 piece waterproof rainsuit that also comes with a thermal liner and armor. It’s pricey but you get a lot of gear rolled up in 1 suit. I know the top of the line is widely considered Aerostitch but those suits cost in the upwards of $1,500. A lot of the Iron Butt Riders swear bye them but I wasn’t ready to commit that much money towards a suit I really might only need a few times a year if that.

Figured I’d give this 1 a try on my next iron butt and see how it goes. Biggest problem I had with 2 pc rain suit is it’s design to be worn over your existing gear. It’s not practical when your riding for an extended period of time. Especially in the south!!! You can hit sweltering sun & heat then a 1/2 an hour later be in a torrential downpour. Sometimes you can pull off the road fast enough. Riding with a rain suit in the heat that doesn’t flow any air when it’s not raining isn’t comfortable either. This suit has a lot of vents to flow air and CE armor so I won’t need to wear any gear under this suit. No more stuffing or unpacking rain gear when it gets wet

I purchased the Alpinestars Hurricane 1 piece in black. I ordered the X-large according to size chart. Was to small. The torso (I do not have a long torso) area, between shoulders & crotch, was really tight so were the legs. I now have the XX. Fits much better. I am able to fit over my jacket (w/ padding) with no issue and still have excellent mobility. Legs fit well, but would not be able to have padded riding pants. Very light weight. I am 5'10" 210lbs. Today was the first day I was able to test it, 20 min. commute. It was a light rain but steady. Kept me perfectly dry. Even in the crotch area. A few drops entered thru back of neck, wrist, & ankle. But, that is expected. Tomorrow morning is suppose to be a heavy rain for my short commute to work. I will update as I get more use out of it.

update on rain suit. works great. in the last few months we have had some pretty heavy downpours. riding thru flooded streets., being sprayed by other vehicles. suit is keeping me dry. like I stated in last post, a little seepage around neck, wrist, & ankle. but, nothing to worry about. would definitely recommend. A+

Back