Rain gear sizing...

Getn off

Registered
Ok. I will admit it. I am not a real rider. I am a fair weather rider, or have been. I looking to man up and take the next step in riderdom. I plan on riding this Bus in whatever happens. I am pretty much a scaredy cat on the streets and usually avoid any rain. Last time I was caught in the rain, my remote for one set of lights, and my controller box for the other on my M109r got wet and ruined. For what its worth, I have spent years sliding in mud, gravel, and whatever on many different dirt bikes.
I am looking to buy an inexpensive lightweight rain suit that I can store under the hump/seat. My question is, what size do you order if you wear size Large jacket and 34" inseam (6'2" @ 210). I prefer to order one online, but not sure of sizing. Is a Large rainsuit sized to fit over a Large jacket? Or is it to replace said jacket? Or, should I just head over to Cycle Gear and test fit one. Not much selection, and pricey there.
Help!
Troy

I believe that they are sized to fit over leathers. Mine are.

Might be a pretty tight fit to fit in the hump. Maybe a tank bag would be better.

Like RBR said most rain gear is sized to fit over gear, however I ordered mine the next size up to make it easier to get on and off. I'm 6'1" 185 and large jackets fit snug, my rain gear is XL.
I have a 2 piece made by fieldsheer and the bottoms are bib type so even if there is some seepage around the bottom of the jacket I stay dry.

I believe that they are sized to fit over leathers. Mine are.

Might be a pretty tight fit to fit in the hump. Maybe a tank bag would be better.

Frogg Toggs are the best I have found, they roll up pretty tight but not enough for the hump. You can strap the case on with bunjee or even a tank bag if you knew rain was a definite...

Frogg Toggs are the best I have found, they roll up pretty tight but not enough for the hump. You can strap the case on with bunjee or even a tank bag if you knew rain was a definite...

If you roll Toggs tight up then put them in a gallon sized zip lock back then sit on bag on a hard chair to squish all the air out then seal the bag... They will fit in the hump. I use the same technique on the bagger just to save room.

i also wear Frogg Toggs...unless i'm going on a long trip, i don't carry the pants since it isn't nearly as big of a deal to me if just my legs get wet...the coat will easily fit beneath the hump and it also comes in handy if you end up being out later than you planned and it cools off a lot after the sun goes down...keeping the trunk of your body warm and dry can make a huge difference :beerchug:

Great gouge peeps! I shall pick some up tomorrow. Looks like XL will work, but. I will try them on over my gear.
Thx,
Troy

Just picked up some Frogg Toggs. $85 otd at Cycle gear. I am 6'2" @ 210 lbs and wear a size L (46) jacket. The XL was pretty baggy. The L fit perfectly over my jacket. Pans in L were perfect too.
Jacket tucks nicely inside the hump as mentioned above, and the jacket fits right underneath it. Success!
Thanks for helping!!!
Troy

:beerchug: you'll be very glad you have them when the time comes that you need them!

Back