rain dance

bradsbusa

Registered
Ive been ridin my busa since april 2006 have 4500 miles on it first bike ever and love it question is i dont feel comfortable in the rain my mind tells me that it will slip when u lean in the turs how stable is this bike in the rain and what to watch out forwhen ridin in the rain
rock.gif
???

if you're smooth on the brakes and throttle?....wet roads aren't 1/2 as dangerous as most think....but if you're a ham fisted herky jerky sorta rider?....wet roads can be you're worst enemy.

for a hint/clue?...most high performance sport tires boast (approx.) "50deg dry/40degree wet" lean angle capability....mathmatically speaking?.....that tells me to back off about 20% on wet roads..while most novice riders seem to wanna back off about 50%....and they probably need to....trust yer instincts....meanwhile your instincts will grow keener with "experience".

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Sep. 12 2006,20:20) if you're smooth on the brakes and throttle?....wet roads aren't 1/2 as dangerous as most think....but if you're a ham fisted herky jerky sorta rider?....wet roads can be you're worst enemy.

for a hint/clue?...most high performance sport tires boast (approx.) "50deg dry/40degree wet" lean angle capability....mathmatically speaking?.....that tells me to back off about 20% on wet roads..while most novice riders seem to wanna back off about 50%....and they probably need to....trust yer instincts....meanwhile your instincts will grow keener with "experience".

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
thank u
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

believe in your tires ans yourself, any dout in your mind will for sure cause you to do something wrong.... I have been caught in some big storms and other then a lot of cleaning it's a great attention getter in traffic..... just have the faith! start slow and then it will be just like riding on a clear day
SHOCKED.gif

Your tires/bike are more able in the rain then you give them credit for. I have been caught in many storms now. you just have to be more aware of puddles and cagers. Other than that be smooth and anticipate your stops.

Like stated earlier just be easy on brake and gas. My biggest thing to say to watch out for is oil at intersections. the water on the road seems to slick up the ground just be careful when stopping at intersections. Other than that no big deal.

stay off the paint. paint on the road is crazy slick. just be ready to clean her up afterward

Back