Radiator Guard

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
After hearing what happened to Mojo, I decided to mention this.

I'm not sure how many of you guys have one of these but I got mine like 2 days after I bought the bike. I just wanted to make sure that a debris won't punch a hole in the radiator.

I think it's really worth investing on it.
LINKY

Last edited:

I'm not sure how many of you guys have one of these but I got mine like 2 days after I bought the bike. I just wanted to make sure that a debris won't punch a hole in the radiator.

LINKY

Good Looking Out. I am going to look into one. I wonder how many times thats been a issue with debris with riders over the years? You know what they say- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.:thumbsup:

Every bike I have has one both for the radiator and oil cooler. Good thread.

Every bike I have has one both for the radiator and oil cooler. Good thread.

Thanks.:beerchug:

Like I've said, that's the first thing I noticed after a day of riding. I saw small nicks on it already so I decided to order it the very next day after purchasing the bike.

good looking out. I am going to look into one. I wonder how many times thats been a issue with debris with riders over the years? You know what they say- an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.:thumbsup:
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Thanks for the tip Sleepless. Does it bolt right on ? Any drilling, brackets, etc ?

Could you post a couple of detailed pics please.

Man, Mojo and I got in last night parked the bikes , I looked down and my bike was leaking coolant from the radiator. Must have got them both in the same night. When we left out yesterday afternoon I saw some coolent on the ground next to my bike at the gas station. We decided it must have been the car before us because of the location. It must have been squirted out a distance and then stoped. the good news is I got to practice on Mojo's bike. I will for sure be looking into this gaurd. THANKS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Sleepless. Does it bolt right on ? Any drilling, brackets, etc ?

Could you post a couple of detailed pics please.

I don't think there's any drilling, brackets or anything. It just bolts right on. I will take pics of it when I get home this afternoon. My daughter and I are leaving for the movie in a few minutes. Hope you don't mind.

The dealer installed it for me at that time because I had a deal that whatever bolt-on stuff I get from them, labor's free.

I don't think there's any drilling, brackets or anything. It just bolts right on. I will take pics of it when I get home this afternoon. My daughter and I are leaving for the movie in a few minutes. Hope you don't mind.

The dealer installed it for me at that time because I had a deal that whatever bolt-on stuff I get from them, labor's free.

No drilling needed,

Just remove 3 bolts that are already there, Insert cover and replace 3 bolts.

LINKY

Thanks sleepless. I will be ordering one of these ASAP. This weekend was a prime example of why this would be a wise purchase. My radiator AND notright's on the same weekend..........UNBELIEVABLE!!:banghead:

Could you imagine this happening on an EPIC trip like Captain and Uncle Steve just completed??

Last edited:
I'll be ordering one soon. About half my fins are bent over from rocks.

Here you go

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...-Grills-Cox-Racing-Group-Radiator-Guards.aspx
==========================================================

0000-Cox-Racing-Group-Radiator-Guards.jpg

Back