Radiator coolant type

what is waterwetter, the water or antifreze?
it is a surfactant that allows a bit better contact between the coolant and metal surfaces of the motor and radiator.. Most good quality coolants already have a decent additive package already and IMO, not really needed.. if you race and must run a water only mix, then something like "redline" water wetter is a good idea

If it makes you feel better, you can add it but I don't.. Main thing is use a quality name brand coolant.. There are 2 types ethylene/Propylene glycol's

Any aluminum safe mix will work fine (no silicates)

The later has a slightly higher boiling point (was first used in the vette in the US) and is also the "environmentally safe" coolant woohoo! (ooops)

stick to the recommended mix levels too.. Not enough water will hurt the coolants ability to carry the heat away from the motor..

distilled or tap water?

it is a surfactant that allows a bit better contact between the coolant and metal surfaces of the motor and radiator.. Most good quality coolants already have a decent additive package already and IMO, not really needed.. if you race and must run a water only mix, then something like "redline" water wetter is a good idea

If it makes you feel better, you can add it but I don't.. Main thing is use a quality name brand coolant.. There are 2 types ethylene/Propylene glycol's

Any aluminum safe mix will work fine (no silicates)

The later has a slightly higher boiling point (was first used in the vette in the US) and is also the "environmentally safe" coolant woohoo! (ooops)

stick to the recommended mix levels too.. Not enough water will hurt the coolants ability to carry the heat away from the motor..

distilled water.. or you can buy 50/50 mix already to pour in as well..

Engine ice is just propylene glycol.. slick marketing added a bit to the price of a gallon.. (MSDS has all the info you would need)

I switched to engine ice. flushed it about 5 times and used distilled water. took a while to get all the antifreeze out.

I was all prepared to use EI as well but after further review concluded it was really just a waste IMO. Just use the 50/50 Pre-mix.

If tracking it though you will just use distilled water w/ Water Wetter.

I'm using this stuff because I own multiple bikes and like to cut down on maintainence any way I safely can......in other words I'm lazy :laugh: Final Charge 50/50 Prediluted Its safe for all metals and is phosphate-free, silicate-free, nitrite-free and borate-free.....and won't need to be changed for the forseeable future. My kinda stuff :thumbsup: I just wish they made oil like this :laugh:

Flush your system with Distilled water/White vinegar mix; then just distilled water and drain.... Now your ready to install whatever you chose to run.

Back